Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

¿Alguien quiere hablar conmigo en espaňol?

• 13-10-2004 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Little Goose

¡Hola!

Quisiera practicar mi espaňol...

¿Alguien quiere hablar conmigo?

:D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

Si, pero tengo solo un poco de espanol.

Don't hesitate to correct me on the above and please tell me how you get that upside down exclaimation mark?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Little Goose

¡Mi espaňol no es perfecto tampoco!

Tengo que explicar este en inglés... lo siento...

To get the accent marks use the character map feature in your accessories -> system tools

or just copy and paste these... ¡ ¿ ň

Has estudiado espaňol mucho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Mangons

Hola, yo os puedo ayudar, soy español y vivo en Dublin...
    Pero nada es gratis en esta vida (hay algun chollo....), podeis ayudarme vosotros a mi con mi ingles?
    No se si este foro es el mejor sitio para hacer intercambio, si no, podeis mandarme mensajes privados.
    Gracias
    Nos vemos

Hi, i can help u, i'm spanish and i live in Dublin
    But nothing is free in this life (there are some bargains), can u help me with my english?
    I don't know if this forum is the better place to make exchanges, if it's not, u can send me PMs.
    Thanks.
    C U

Mucho gusto Mangons,

Si Mangons, yo os puedo ayudar a usted con su ingles? Es esta correcto?

Little Goose, thanks for the help with the characters. He estudiado un poco de espanol, cuatros semanas solomente. Es esta correcto?

-Jim.

Mangons,

do you know of any spanish radio station that stream their content over the internet via Real Audio? Or can you tell me how I can tune into spanish radio stations on MW, SW or LW (Medium Wave, Short Wave, or Long Wave frequency bands). I'm particularly interested in talk radio of course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 calzzada

OK quien quiera hablar conmigo en español puede hacerlo, soy de Mexico y busco informacion de Irlanda

Hi I can help you, just PM me, MP me, or post it, welcome any ask

any body from Dublin?

agremame a tu msn y platicamos

Salu2

THX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Patocapo

Hi @ll,
    I'm spanish speaker too. I would like to exchange some conversation with english speakers...
    I can speak spanish or italian as well.
    CU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭diarmuidh

De donde eres Patocapo? Sos argentino?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 iChief

¡Hola! ¿Qué tal?

Are there any Spanish speakers out there living in Galway that want to practice their English? I could pick up a few words of Spanish into the bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Oddysseus

iChief wrote:
    ¡Hola! ¿Qué tal?

Are there any Spanish speakers out there living in Galway that want to practice their English? I could pick up a few words of Spanish into the bargain.

Que pasa, Tio? Claro que hablo el mejor idioma del mundo! asi es. :)

• Advertisement

Oddysseus wrote:
    Que pasa, Tio? Claro que hablo el mejor idioma del mundo! asi es. :)

Bien, ¿y tú? ¿Qué significa 'tio'? Es 'uncle', ¿no?
    Hablas el mejor idioma del mundo, asi que, ¿eres español?

I like your signature, LOL. Can you think of a good signature I could use, in Spanish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Sí significa 'uncle', pero tambien 'amigo', 'buddy', etc..
    Lo siento, ¡pero he olvidado más que recuerdo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Oddysseus

iChief wrote:
    Bien, ¿y tú? ¿Qué significa 'tio'? Es 'uncle', ¿no?
    Hablas el mejor idioma del mundo, asi que, ¿eres español?

I like your signature, LOL. Can you think of a good signature I could use, in Spanish?

Gracias. Yo estoy te buta madre. ;)
    Hola!

Si, Tio es Uncle. no soy español, pero estuve viviendo en España por 2 años.
    Y en 2 años se puede aprender este idioma.

You need a sig.?...Try this: No me rompas los cojones! (Don't break my balls.) :D

2 Espressi wrote:
    Sí significa 'uncle', pero tambien 'amigo', 'buddy', etc..
    Lo siento, ¡pero he olvidado más que recuerdo!

Muchas gracias 2 Espressi

So it's like how Londoners say, 'Alright son' even though the person they're talking to might not be their son?

You say you've forgotten more than you can remember, where did you learn your Spanish?

Aprendo español desde septiembre.

Oddysseus wrote:
    Gracias. Yo estoy te buta madre. ;)
    Hola!

Si, Tio es Uncle. no soy español, pero estuve viviendo en España por 2 años.
    Y en 2 años se puede aprender este idioma.

You need a sig.?...Try this: No me rompas los cojones! (Don't break my balls.) :D

Muchas gracias, Oddysseus.

I like the signature, v.good. What does 'buta' mean, btw?

iChief

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 the_count

It's not "buta"... and it's not a friendly word... :(

Although in that context it was... :confused:

the_count wrote:
    It's not "buta"... and it's not a friendly word... :(

Although in that context it was... :confused:

A Spanish friend told me it roughly equates to, "It's f*@kin' great!" Her English isn't great so she couldn't explain how. I can't see it myself. I mean, I can understand all the words individually but not how they collectively come to mean what they do.

What level is your Spanish at, Count?

A Spanish friend told me it roughly equates to, "It's f*@kin' great!" Her English isn't great so she couldn't explain how. I can't see it myself. I mean, I can understand all the words individually but not how they collectively come to mean what they do.

Oddysseus meant to say 'de puta madre.' 'Puta' is the Spanish for 'wh*re' so but is used in many phrases, for example 'de puta madre' (literally wh*re's mother) means 'f*cking great, brilliant'

Oddysseus meant to say 'de puta madre.' 'Puta' is the Spanish for 'wh*re' so but is used in many phrases, for example 'de puta madre' (literally wh*re's mother) means 'f*cking great, brilliant'

Thanks Gibson Tight Dean. I still don't really get it but the nearest analogy I can think of is when cockneys say something is the "dog's b*llocks" meaning it's good!? I mean how does that make sense? :confused: Surely any dog's dangly bits are highly unattractive and, ergo, not good. It's funny though, I even use it myself espc. when you shorten it to the DBs (pron. the deebees)

Either way, I'm happy because originally I thought Oddysseus was insulting my mother but, obviously, now I realise he wasn't. I noticed he's a banned user recently though, so maybe he had been flaming other users? :o The good thing is that I've learned a bit of colloquial Spanish & more importantly the first Spaniard that says 'de puta madre' to me is not going to get his lights punched out! Haha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 donpirracas

Hola a todos! yo tambien estoy interesado en hacer intercambio de idiomas con gente de Dublin. Si algun español quiere conocerme para charlar o lo que sea que me mande un mensaje. Mi nivel de ingles es medio :D

I'm interested in language exchange with english speaking people in dublin. I'm a spanish native and my english level is average. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 donpirracas

trap4 wrote:
    Mangons,

do you know of any spanish radio station that stream their content over the internet via Real Audio? Or can you tell me how I can tune into spanish radio stations on MW, SW or LW (Medium Wave, Short Wave, or Long Wave frequency bands). I'm particularly interested in talk radio of course.

Try these, they stream via windows media

http://www.rtve.es/rne/web/index.php
    http://www.ondacero.es

Advertisement