Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the inbox server address for gmail???

• 13-10-2004 7:10pm

i am trying to configure incredmail to fetch my incoming emails from my gmail a/c.
    i keep getting a message up that it fails
    it automatically fetches the settings pop.gmail.com however these do not work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Google have yet to launch their external features of gmail. It is not yet possible to get the messages other than throuch gmail.google.com They plan to do it soon, though.

Remember - they make their money off the ads you see when you VISIT THE SITE

PS: Get rid of Incredimail. It has spyware, and adds ads to the end of your messages - unprofessional

Google have yet to launch their external features of gmail. It is not yet possible to get the messages other than throuch gmail.google.com They plan to do it soon, though.

Remember - they make their money off the ads you see when you VISIT THE SITE

PS: Get rid of Incredimail. It has spyware, and adds ads to the end of your messages - unprofessional

i only ever use it for contacting friends, enquirys on ebay etc. the spyware does give me cause for concern though thank you for the advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

get the gmail notifier.

runs in the taskbar and lets you know when you have gmail :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

you can forward mails with gmail now
    forward them to a pop3 account and use it that way if you want

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I believe you can get a GMail a/c via an invite. Is this correct? Can I be invited?
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

kbannon wrote:
    I believe you can get a GMail a/c via an invite. Is this correct? Can I be invited?
    ;)
    Man, where have you been? :)
    I haven't gotten any new invites in weeks...

Gmail notifier is the best, you don't need anything else. We use exchange in work, so I've no access to work mail from home and home mail from work. So I moved all my personal stuff over to the Gmail account, and now I have instant notification, instead of having to remember to check webmail.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Sure you could always just mount your Gmail account as a 1GB filesystem...

Set up 1024 accounts and you got yourself a teraserver!

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

kbannon wrote:
    ;)

PM me your email address and i will send you on an invite

moochos grassy arse!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If your using Mozilla or Firefox you can get a gmail notifier extenstion for it which is far better then the one Google provide :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

o right now i understand gmail is google email.Was wondering what gmail was

thanks for the invite Fintan!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

If anyone else is living under a rock, I have a few invites too. Just remember that you're playing into Google's marketing techniques, and forcing me into it too. :)

adam

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

dahamsta wrote:
    If anyone else is living under a rock, I have a few invites too. Just remember that you're playing into Google's marketing techniques, and forcing me into it too. :)

adam

Me please? Thanks,

Shane

Advertisement