Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iolbb + clondalkin

• 13-10-2004 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

has anybodys bb stoped workin in clondalkin? my bro rang up iolbb at 2 today. they say that it is a line failure caused by eircom and there is nothing they can do. what a load of s**t. i am on dialup atm. what can i do. they say that they need at least 5 complaints be4 they contact eircom and they have received 3 already. any help? :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Ring two more times. Haveing to wait for five complaints sounds like BS. There is a Eircom failure and IBB know it, so they should contact them before they recieve complaints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

A fibre has been cut by a 3rd Party at Newlands Cross just off the Naas Road.

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Borris

hey vishal u grumpy little s**t lol

think about it, u complain to iol, iol need to be able to prove to eircom theres a line fault. 3 customers can be just a fluke. eircom will not help iol in any way cuz iol is the compition. There is a fiber brake in your area, but eircom will refuse to tell iol to piss off there customers...get where im coming from

where as if they can bring the min of 5ppl with the same issue, there HAS to be a fault... makes sence dosnt it?

and if u call back in 2 more times, how the hell will that work? it will be loged again under ur name!

just report faults staight away and hope eircom get there hand out of there a*s and fix there dam shoddy network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

fixed today. cheers guys. its hard using dialup after months of bb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

IOLBB should have a resilient network. This is a sub-standard service if otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

thegills wrote:
    IOLBB should have a resilient network. This is a sub-standard service if otherwise.
    It was a problem on Eircom's network, IOL just resell the service - there's nothing IOL can do about it.
    I'm in that area and was out last night too because of it, but I woudn't hold it against IOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

no i would not hold it against them either but they should liase with eircom and at least inform them about it instead of telling the customer to ring em. in fairness though, we are still paying eircom the line rental directly so, probably the customer should ring them cos it is a line failure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Borris

eicom simply dont tell IOL about line faults. full stop. its IOL customers that have to tell IOL, which is sucky, but eircom are trying to stamp on IOL's feet when ever they can

Advertisement