Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ready to Go V's Bill Pay

Options
  • 13-10-2004 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi,

Im just wondering which is the best option to stick with my ready to go phone or switch to bill pay. I have started up my own business and I just need some advice as to which way to go. Which network is offering the best rates?

Greystreeks :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Ba_barbaraAnne

I started up on my own two months ago and am in the middle of changing to bill pay with O2. It's much cheaper for daytime calling - everything is 16c per minute and only 8c for txts. They are upgrading my phone as well and I'm going to give it a try out and see how much I save. At the moment I am topping up 20 -30 euro a week! bill pay has got to be better!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

I started up on my own two months ago and am in the middle of changing to bill pay with O2. It's much cheaper for daytime calling - everything is 16c per minute and only 8c for txts. They are upgrading my phone as well and I'm going to give it a try out and see how much I save. At the moment I am topping up 20 -30 euro a week! bill pay has got to be better!

16c per minute plus rental

Meteor 20c - no line rental.

It depends on usage.

Ringing landlines is cheaper when you use a fixed line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I switched to bill phone once ever and regretted it within a couple of months.. when u have a rtg phone u control what you spend and are more aware of call length etc. you are more likely to be quick and precise with phone calls.. but on bill pay.. u somehow convince yourself it's cheaper and u can stay on longer.. so ur bills are always much higher than you expect. that's my experience anyway.. and I was with Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

If I was starting my own business whereby a phone was required for day to day business, I wouldnt even consider a prepaid service.

Obviously if you are just receiving calls it makes no difference but if you are making alot of outbound calls you will definetly save a fortune. Not only this, but how unprofessional would it appear if your call dropped midway because you ran out of credit? How frustrating would it be to constantly have to top up your phone or if you missed a scheduled call because you accidnetly ran out of credit.

The main decision you got to make is what company to go with. Who and when you call is a big factor in deciding who to choose.

Advertisement