Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to setup a home e-mail /webserver for testing

Options
  • 13-10-2004 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I've 2 exams left in my MCSE exams for 2003. I am setting up an exchange server and eventually will want to setup a test website. I have 2 windows 2003 servers setup at the moment. I have read about using no.ip.com for dynamic dns. I have setup my exchange server and a test page for my website. I can send e-mail from my exchange server but i cant recieve any. I have setup my website has paulswebsite.no-ip.com and have configure the dynamic dns client. I have setup a mx record in no-ip.com to point to win3kmailsrv. But i still cannot recieve any mail using paul.XXXX@paulswebsite.no-ip.com. Just send! Has anyone done this before?
    By the way im using broadband from esatbt. Do they block port 25?
    Please can some help?

Thanks

Paul.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Have you checked all your DNS stuff externally? Have you verified you can connect to the mail server externally?

What exactly have you put in the DNS records?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

try telnet to your dnsdomain "sapce" 25
    see if it replies
    If it does not then there is no communication between it

eg. telnet myname.dyndns.com 25

should respond with the mail server

then type HELO .... etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Paul.K

Just got the e-mail server working now. Can send and recieve e-mails. The problem was my damn firewall. Had to configure port fowarding on it.

Paul.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Paul.K wrote:
    Just got the e-mail server working now. Can send and recieve e-mails. The problem was my damn firewall. Had to configure port fowarding on it.

Paul.

LOL that would help alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

Hey Paul

I've started my MSCE trail also I have just passed 70-270 Win XP Prof, Im just wondering what route did you take in getting your exams, did you just buy books and study your arse off? also have you used Transcenders, Test King or similar? Id like to know Thanks Steve

• Advertisement
Advertisement