Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overall Services

Options
  • 13-10-2004 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Would I be too tough on the local council(Or whoever controls this type of thing) of Galway in asking why in the blue hell, do they have to do Road Works during the day!?..in America they the majority of road work at night when the roads aren't packed with traffic,Of Course now the nights are getting colder but couldn't they have done night works during the summer? Also I was recently in the city at about 8:50 on a Saturday morning and a Garbage truck was collecting in shop street..surely there is a more appropriate time then this for collecting garbage in the the heart of the city?...Another petty complaint,why is Galway so tame with its X-mas decorations..last years set up was a huge improvement but we can do alot better...I think we the people of Galway settle for alot less than we deserve

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I'd also like to thank them for resurfacing roads in a surface that's more tar/bitumen than stone. It makes for a nice lethal (and litigious) surface. It's also much cheaper that way...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

and for removing half the bins around the city ... ever had a bit of rubbish and tried to find a bin to put it in .. it can take a while to find one ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 tonybrasco

And for not changing the lights on the walkway along the river where tons of idiots drink buckfast.
    ps: I didn't say that all buckfast drinkers are idiots. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭smileyrecords

hey i drink buckfast there! the sound of the river is quite soothing.

im after doin my degree you cant call me an idiot, i needed something to calm my nerves, dont want to smoke as its bas for you, but buckfast on the otherhand is good for you even my grandma drinks it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Does your granny drink it by the bottle, or the way it was actually intended? I strongly suspect that if the Buckfast monks who make the stuff knew what blasphemies is was responsible for in Galway alone, they'd stop making it...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Sarky wrote:
    I strongly suspect that if the Buckfast monks who make the stuff knew what blasphemies is was responsible for in Galway alone, they'd stop making it...
    Or at least come over and join in the fun...

"Monks Gone Wild, Volume 3"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

galway used be the second highest consumer of buckfast in the world ... glasgow was the first :) ...

some how I'd almost say thats changed :) ...

haven't touched a drop of the stuff in .. oh god ... I'd have to say ... hours :p

buckfast doesn't calm you ...
    high sugar
    high caffeine
    high alcohol <-- for the ammount ...

makes you into a psychopathic maniac ... god I love the stuff :D

Advertisement