Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a bluetooth usb adapter?

Options
  • 14-10-2004 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭

Could anyone recommend a good bluetooth USB adapter? I bought one of the cheap mini usb ones off expansys but it doesn't seem to be up to much.

I'm looking to use the Oxygen Phone Manager (http://www.oxygensoftware.com) with it but it requires that you use the Widcomm bluetooth stack. How can you find out with stack a usb adapter uses? I tried to get a widcomm driver out of expansys for their usb drive but not joy.

Its for use with a Nokia 7610

any suggestions?

Cheers

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

I see the web site actually has instructions on how to use the Win XP SP2 drivers with the software, but I've already lost the old adapter so recommendations for a new one would still be appreciated!

cheers

J

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

TDK would be about the best Bluetooth adapters about - have one of theirs almost 3 years and been provided software/driver/firmware updates through its lifetime - have a handful of others here but the TDK comes top in terms of support and reliability

the likes of D-Link (latest revisions - particularly for Macs) and Belkin (latest revisions for up to date support) are also good, a couple of people on here have found the MSI one's good too - always check the vendors site to see the level of support they offer either to see what driver updates are on offer (i.e. how recent) and now what support is offered for XP SP2... a no name adapter or unsupported adapter, although cheap, may not be worth it in the long run

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 contom

i had sp1 just changed it last weekend to sp2. i am using the d-link usb bluetooth adapter. and have had no problems with it. i paid €30 for it.

i can send pictures from downstairs to upstairs in a second, tis cool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

Cheers! thanks for that!

plenty to go on there!

J

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I got a new phone this weekend and after spending a fortune on dl wallpaper and tones of the net i have decided that maybe its cheaper to get a bluetooth dongle.
    Question is which one? what should i look out for standards wise etc, i found one on elara (will be ordering there soon hence why i looked there) for 30 euro here
    Will it do the job of transfering tones, wallpapers, themes etc?
    The phone is a se t630, will the dongle work with a k700i to (hop to get one next year)
    Thanks in advance

Jozi

• Advertisement
Advertisement