Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dave Clarke New Live CD/DVD Announced.

• 14-10-2004 11:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

DAVE CLARKE TO RELEASE GROUNDBREAKING LIVE CD/DVD

• CD features live performances of tracks drawn from the 'Red' series, Archive One and Devil's Advocate
    • DVD features extra live footage, interview and promo videos
    • New live shows announced
    • Dave Clarke Live is released on 1 November on Skint Records

Dance music has produced few artists of the stature of Dave Clarke. As a producer, his willingness to welcome the sounds and attitudes of hip hop, punk, and electro alongside techno have driven him to create two classic albums - Archive One (1996) and Devil's Advocate (2003) - and numerous acclaimed singles and remixes. As a DJ his skills have kept him constantly in demand across the globe, with his sets encompassing the most exciting sounds in electronic music. But most recently it is as a live entity that the Dave Clarke experience has been at its most thrilling; a feeling that is perfectly captured in this CD / DVD release.

Recorded at Holland's Pink Pop festival this May, the audio CD wraps up ten years of groundbreaking Dave Clarke material in a live set of real dexterity. DC classics such as 'Protective Custody', 'Wisdom To The Wise' and 'Thunder' (taken from his 'Red' series of EPs) rub up against recent hit 'What Was Her Name' and Dave's unforgettable remix of Leftfield's 'Phat Planet'. Dave mans the equipment with the same furious approach that is more traditionally applied to instruments of the six stringed variety, and the crowd responds in kind. This is live dance music at it's most thrilling, creating an elemental energy between artist and audience that even the most luddite of critics would struggle to deny.

The DVD offers a full recording of this performance, as well as capturing another stunning live set at Belgium's Dour Festival this July. In addition, in features a host of other features, including a candid interview with Dave Clarke, who, as ever, cuts straight through the proverbial crap like a chainsaw.

For those of you whose first taste of Dave Clarke is this release, fear not, he is playing a series of live dates this Autumn

Oct 31st: Dome de Villebon, Paris
    Nov 4th: Concorde, Brighton
    Nov 5th: Redbox, Dublin, Ireland
    Nov 6th: Fabric, London
    Nov 10th: La Sans, Bordeaux, France
    Nov 12th: Loft Club, Barcelona, Spain
    Nov 13th: I Love Techno, Belgium

The running order for the audio CD is as follows:
    1. Intro
    2. Gonk
    3. Just Ride
    4. No One's Driving
    5. Way Of Life
    6. B.I.W.S.R.I
    7. Wiggle
    8. Southside
    9. AB/DC 'The Feeling'
    10. Thunder (Red 3)
    11. Dirtbox
    12. Leftfield 'Phat Planet' DC Remix
    13. Wisdom To The Wise (Red 2)
    14. The Compass
    15. Protective Custody (Red 1)
    16. The Wolf
    17. Disgraceland (instrumental)
    18. What Was Her Name (LFO Remix)

BONUS UNRELEASED TRACKS
    19. Way Of Life (Technasia Remix)
    20. What Was Her Name (Product 01 Remix)
    21. What Was Her Name (Rekid Remix)

The DVD includes:
    o Dave's live performance at the Pink Pop Festival, Holland, May 2004
    o Dave's live performance at the Dour Festival, Belgium, July 2004
    o Interview with Dave
    o Travelogue documenting Dave's journey to, and performance at Creamfields
    o Promo videos for 'What Was Her Name' and 'Way Of Life'

Dave Clarke Live will be released as a CD/DVD package by Skint Records on 1 November.

I wonder will it be as "groundbreaking" as the exhibitionist :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yea, read this a good bit ago
    dono weahte ror not to look forward to it or not
    I ahve the jeff mills at home but ain't gotten round to watching ityet, I've heard off a few people the mixing is a bit dodgy but as I said I haven't gotten round to watching it myself either yet so...

Advertisement