Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATX Power Supply Cable to MB extension

Options
  • 14-10-2004 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

Just got myself a nice Mini-ITX case and board from the UK, but of course, there's one problem. The cable from the case's MB isn't long enuf to reach the socket on the MB. Any one know where I can get one of these extension cables, I've looked at the maplins catalogue, but they don't seem to stock it. It's a bog standard ATX cable, I know I can cut and splice, but I'd rather not with a new system.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

ive seen one of these around somewhere i think it was peats and if it wasnt there it was that place i hate to name because they make a show of all irish pc users "compustore" if you can have a look yourself in these shops cos if you rang that place you know the irish place ;) they wouldnt have a clue what your on about ...but peats might be able to help you if you ring ask for barry ...nice"n"helpfull guy and he know what hes talking about ...
    "barry if your reading this that has to deserve atleast a 20% discount lol"

anyhow best of luck with
    p.s try a place called radiotonic "RS""thats not how you spell it " but it is in rialto in dublin 8 next to the canal its walking distance from sundrive road garda station "4or5 mins away in on the left after the petrol station in a small little industial estate......god my spelling is sh*t sorry

i also have one of the new 20 pin to 24 pin adaptors its about 6 inches im not using it so if you can think of a way of modding it or would it be long eoungh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Just been into Peats, they were pretty helpfull, They don't have one in stock, but can get one in for tuesday. Mines a 20 pin. I dont enter Compustore, I know better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

Bogger77 wrote:
    . I dont enter Compustore, I know better

good to see a man with sense ...what a waste of space if they had the right managment they could turn that 10 year behind over priced shack into a good business

but good news to hear that they will have it for you in peats :D

Advertisement