Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta to be followed by Sean Óg?

• 14-10-2004 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Looks like Sean Óg is set to follow in his younger brothers footsteps and try his hand at Aussie Rules??????????/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

rebelbunny wrote:
    Looks like Sean Óg is set to follow in his younger brothers footsteps and try his hand at Aussie Rules??????????/

awh feck........wel the best of look to the lad .
    If any one thing ever drives the GAA to proffesionalism our at least semi-proffesionalism its going to be that bloody Aussie rules .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

This is the trouble with hurling - as long as it's played only in Ireland and maybe a couple of outposts of our empire it will be limited. We must expand our hegemony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ishnid

luckat wrote:
    This is the trouble with hurling - as long as it's played only in Ireland and maybe a couple of outposts of our empire it will be limited. We must expand our hegemony.
    . . . yet it seems to be the hurlers that the Aussies are after recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭whatalanger

What's that line about teaching an old dog new tricks? I think it is far more likely that Aisake would follow his brother to Australia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

Seán Óg was a dual player for Cork. He was in both Finals in 99.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 GaillimhChick

hey everyone! seán óg is surely too old to take up aussie rules though isn't he? he's about 28 i think and isn't there a 2 year settling in period in AFL? i'd be far more worried about aisaki too. so annoying! they're going to steal all our promising players! the GAA will have to do something about this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Going by how Séan Og played yesterday and Setanta 'performed' I'd say Carlthon will looking to swap the two of them....
    It seemed like everytime Setanta got the ball he fluffed it, maybe he put way too much pressure on himself, from the way he played for Na Piarsaigh two weeks ago I wouldn't have thought he lacked confidence.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Sean Óg is too old to be a rookie in Aussie Rules. Therefore it is very unlikely that he will be going to play down under.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 rebelbunny

Sean Óg has said that he will now not be following brother Setanta to Australia :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

If any one thing ever drives the GAA to proffesionalism our at least semi-proffesionalism
    Make and argument for professionalism in the GAA Big Ears. I've never heard a convincing one yet.

• Advertisement

Make and argument for professionalism in the GAA Big Ears. I've never heard a convincing one yet.

I don't want Proffesionalism................some people here don't read posts very carefully :D .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 cHilliSheep

rebelbunny wrote:
    Sean Óg has said that he will now not be following brother Setanta to Australia :D:D:D
    Asaki(sp?)[19 y/old brother] is getting a trial, I hope to see pics. Coz that man cant play football, he is crap and is getting a trial because of his name.Now Thats bull****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

I don't want Proffesionalism................some people here don't read posts very carefully
    Ok I'll read carefully.................
    If any one thing ever drives the GAA to proffesionalism our at least semi-proffesionalism
    um!

Tell me , and outline in bold , where in that sentence does it say I want Proffesionalism or semi-porffesionalism ?

(take in mind the our should be or .)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 KeyserSoze

There is no hope of Sean Og going to Carlton. He has been handed the Cork Hurling Captaincy for next years championship, which is well deserved. And Im sure he would prefer to lead his county team into an All-Ireland final than to be a 28 year old rookie with an Aussie Rules team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭DUB

Me neither. a couple of bob might be thrown their way but i cant see it becoming fully professional without a major overhaul of the competitions.

Advertisement