Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fancy a pint :)

• 14-10-2004 11:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Have you ever not wanted to be in work and thought, Sod it, I'm hungover, in work, need a cure!

Down your tools lads, skip the afternoon and we'll all go for a few pints in town!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Mine's a Guinness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

all the time in fact now that you said it a few large bottles of cider and a pint glass of ice would go down really nice right about now!!!

you could just go to college and live the true student life!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

yeah lets hold a spontaneous mini boards beer bash thing in Carlow. im off college til monday so lets make it a full weekend thing. im on me way now, everyone just follow me, ill grab the corner to meself and yis can all follow me down. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Lord Jaysus yes are good crack!! I think I'm going to have a liquid lunch on in some fine hostelry around Dame street, then brunch, dinner and supper..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

I'd love a pint of Carlsberg. Having my lunch in a pub today but doubt my boss would appreciate me having a liquid one because I wouldn't be coming back..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

Lord Jaysus yes are good crack!! I think I'm going to have a liquid lunch on in some fine hostelry around Dame street, then brunch, dinner and supper..
    my liquid lunch shall be in the irish life bar on abbey st lwr

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

pints.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

I feel like that most of the time tbh, PLUS there's a pub about a minute's walk away from where I work. We have often found ourselves having a liquid lunch and going back to work again, that was fun while it lasted!!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

If i ever feel like that i just don't bother getting out of bed and skip the entire day. Does a lot better for you then getting up.
    The_B_Man wrote:
    im on me way now, everyone just follow me, ill grab the corner to meself and yis can all follow me down.
    Which Pub? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

I turned down going for lunch in Comans (rathgar) today - i know i would have had a pint and that would probably lead to more than one... Damn thats a strong urge though!

• Advertisement

ye all my liquid lunch friends wern't in today so.... i didn't go over :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

:( Baxstards, ye're depressin' me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

god i would love to go for a pint now..... had a fair few last night watching the match and defo could do with a curer now..... and the tempting thing is i work in Sth Grt Georges St so i have about a million pubs to go to.

The last job i was in it wasnt uncommon to go to the boozer at lunchtime on a friday.. have a few pints... come back to work for two hours and then back to the pub.....

gazzer wrote:
    The last job i was in it wasnt uncommon to go to the boozer at lunchtime on a friday.. have a few pints... come back to work for two hours and then back to the pub.....
    did u wrk for the civil sevice?

yeah i do.... in a fairly responsible job now though so cant be doing the lunch time drinking thing but when i joined first it was always the thing to take the two hour flexi lunch on a fri,,, have a few and go back for the bare minimum of time until you could go back over to the pub..... ah i miss those days....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

fancy a pint?
    over 18?

PROVE IT!!

......................drink..................................

who's coming with me???

drinky drinky

who's coming with me???
    i would if i didnt live far away. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

im all tirsty again!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Well I did indeed leave work and go to the pub.

Best thing I could have done, was brilliant fun. As I was settling down to my first pint in Temple Bar my friend rang me himself having a **** day. After I heard his story he agreed that this was indeed a day for the pub.

Compare this to one of your bad days :)
    Sham got out of bed with a ferocious hangover from the night before. Opened his van and out slapped a 10 Gallon drum of paint all over his van, himself and the car park. Eventually after cleaning himself up and giving 30 Euros to the caretaker to clean it up he departed for work.

However, he forgot to close the side door of his van. 100 yards down the road negotiating the roundabout in Rialto he saw in his mirror paintbrushes, ladders, paint, tools, everything flying out the side of the van onto the road.
    ****s sake, so he got out started gathering and throwing everything back in, dodging the traffic on the roundabout as it was rush hour.

Now it gets worse, around the corner walks his ex whom he had dumped the Saturday before. She verges between crying and crying laughing at him......

We had a great laugh about it all day

hmmmm... let me see i don't think my day has been that bad but i've just been informed that the work i need to have finished by the end of my 3 month contract should take 8-9 months.... i still have to have it finished in 3 months i feel like i need my special drink....

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'll go for a pint, no problum

as would i. but im in tipperary, and yere all [presumably] from le big smoke

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

about 6000 miles away infact.... working in baghdad in construction

i think an appointment should be etched into everyone's memo pad's thursday @ said time said place
    said people should meet for liquid lunch/dinner depending which is best suited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

as would i. but im in tipperary, and yere all [presumably] from le big smoke
    well im from tipp - just working in le smoke :D

shame im out in the (relative) hicks of rathgar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I read this post and did indeed go for a pint after my disasterous day at college....

bravo for the inspiration

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Cajun, you work in the vicinity of the Irish Life centre? IL itself, VHI etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

SteveD wrote:
    I read this post and did indeed go for a pint after my disasterous day at college....

but, your in college, you can go for a pint whenever you feel like it :confused:
    hell, I spent most of my time in college goign for pints....

mojomaker::Cajun, you work in the vicinity of the Irish Life centre? IL itself, VHI etc?
    yup i do, so where about's are you working? in the vicinity or IL or VHI ect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Irish Life Centre. Don't go to the Life Bar all that much, apart from anything else it's pretty expensive. Grand Central up the road is a nicer bar I reckon.

hmmm sounds interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

fragile wrote:
    but, your in college, you can go for a pint whenever you feel like it :confused:
    hell, I spent most of my time in college goign for pints....

Yeh but its the principal of the thing

• Advertisement

<clink clink clink> whats that i hear pint glasses????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I was trying to start a trend yesterday, to little avail I might add, to have tuesday established as a drinking day, because Tuesdays are so boring and currently have no other meaning except to keep Monday and Wednesday from fighting.

I used to always go out on a Tuesday evening for a few just to break the week up... havnt done it in ages though...

Havnt been drinking in three weeks cos i was ill and no money.. .now that i am better on both counts i feel like starting an early drinking weekend starting today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

its Wednesday... the fear has just hit :eek: ... stranded between two weekends.. past the point of safe return.... must ..... make .... it ..... to

Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

KlodaX wrote:
    its Wednesday... the fear has just hit :eek: ... stranded between two weekends.. past the point of safe return.... must ..... make .... it ..... to

Thursday.

*Sanncoo offers Klodax a helping hand*

'G & T anyone?'

;)

• Advertisement

MAKE MINE A SUDDY and your on

Cajun

Due to an unfortunate night a long time ago......Suddy's cannot be consumed in my presence....even the smell of one off someone else's breath will make me gag!!!!!

I can offer you a Vodka & redbull!

how about a pint wit 3 shots of malabu soda water crushed ice orange and blackcurrant cordulas and a straw?

Sounds funky to me! What ever floats your boat, it is my round!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

nothing good ever happens in november

That's a bit defeatist even though November is a bit of a non event......

Hell, life is what you make it!

My round, what ya havin!

S

but on the 27 (i think coulld be wrong) isn't there a boards beer thingy (my first one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mossy Monk wrote:
    nothing good ever happens in november
    'Scuse me. My birthday is November.

And while we're at it, I'll have a Pint Bottle of Bulmers with a pint glass of ice.

or

A Jack D with Coke and Ice, if there's no coke available, I'll have a JD with 2 cubes of ice, or a Jim Beam with the same, but never Jim and Coke.

or

A nice creamy pint of Guinness

or

A Cold Pint of Miller

or

A Cointreau and Blackcurrant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

but on the 27 (i think coulld be wrong) isn't there a boards beer thingy (my first one)

i believe there is a boards thingy this month. It too shall be my debut on the boards social circuit, just an excuse to drink more.

Remember kids: Drink & Don't drive!

Seriously though, anyone fancy a pint?

I could use one after this day!

• Advertisement
Advertisement