Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help Wanted.

• 14-10-2004 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

I run an internet cafe in East Wall. As there are a lot of cafes around the area I would like to do something different and start classes in mine. We have been open for about a year now and business has not been great. I'm looking for qualified teachers to teach classes in my cafe. I would like ECDL, Web Design, Basic Computers or any other courses. Teachers must be able to certify all their students on completion of the courses. I cannot agree a fixed rate of payment with the teacher yet so all the fees for each course will be split 50/50 between myself and the teacher. The more students we can enrol in the courses the more money each of us will make. If no students enrol won't be able to pay any money to teacher. If you hav any questions just reply or pm me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

General,i dont think you will get many or any other replys to your thread i think you would be better of posting it again in the after hours board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Valdez, there is a work forum on boards. You might get a better response there.

I think you might find it hard to employ people when there isn't a definite garuntee that they will get paid or have enough to be classified as a decent wage if the class numbers are small.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Moving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Teachers must be able to certify all their students on completion of the courses.
    Any recognised cert worth its salt would require a student to sit an exam in an approved test center... you might be able to get your net cafe approved with enough compromises, but I can't imagine it being a fast or convenient process.
    Although you can always get in touch with someone who has an approved test center and work out something with them for testing day.
    My point is that you're not going to be able to hire someone that can directly hand out things like ECDL's to people he thinks deserve them, it just doesn't work like that.
    Unless of course you plan on having the teacher print up some mickey-mouse cert that nobody has ever heard of... in which case I feel sorry for anyone who signs up for your course. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

There's a web design course by CIW where a teacher goes through the book and the certificate is given after an examination in their centre in Dun Laoghaire. This might be an option for you. Get a teacher who is farmiliar with the course. Or, the other option is to just give tutorial classes for people to brush up on certain applications etc without certification? :rolleyes:

I worked in a computer store for the last year and the amount of people askin how or where they could learn simple functions on a pc was huge...so if ya get the right teacher and the right approach you can make some good money!

D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bolgerma

I am interested in teaching IT skills, if you are stil looking for someone, drop me a line.

Mar

Advertisement