Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The mad capsule markets

Options
  • 14-10-2004 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭

Just wondered if anyone else here listens tot he mad capsule markets? I got the osc-dis album a few weeks ago and its completely blown me away.
    Theyre a japanese punk/meta/hardcore techno band, kinda in the same vein as atari teenage riot (only mad capsule markets are around since 1990).
    If anyones interested, id highly recommend sampling these songs:

RL(pulse)
    Good girl
    Jag (the bass in this song in absolutely savage :) )
    midi surf <--- this song kicks ASS.

Just thought id share this band for anyone who hasnt heard them but is looking for a metal band like rage/atr, they come highly recommended :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

I have a few of their songs. Favourites would be Pulse and Fly High. Don't really know much about them or anything, but I certainly like what I have heard. The video for Pulse it brilliant. Really goes well with the song. Don't know "Jag" or "Midi Surf". I'll have a look now. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Got the album a few years back after seeing them on TV a few times, crazy feckers. Pulse is an amazing song. Haven't really kept up with them since back then tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Midi surf is seriously one of the best songs ive heard in a long time ro:maan, you wont be disappointed if you liked the other stuff :D
    Ive only got the one album myself but ill have to have a look and see if i can pick up anymore, hope theyre not import only :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

If its on MTV, its more than likely available.

Play only have their new album.

(actually, their "new" album has Pulse on it....perhaps its a new release over here)

She loves it - Explore the new day -
    lol..ahh japanglish, is there anything funnier? ;)

Hmm weird tho, pulse is on osc dis, and so is a song call all the time at sunny beach, and i see a song called sunny beach rd on that one on play

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

Yeah, i like this band. Didn't think many people would know them or like them here. I have Osc Dis and i wanna get their last album 010. I think "Tribe" is a pretty cool song by them.

Yeah i want to get more stuff by them myself, theyre a great band.Typical japanese craziness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

I have Fly High, Pulse, Start It Up, Gaga Life and Tribe. They're good alright, I'll try some of the ones recommended here.

Just a few days ago I saw one of their (new?) videos on the Kerrang playlist. I can't remember the name of it. Anyone know what it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

The new song is called "SCARY" and its wicked,always liked the band saw the first years ago on No Disco(thas how old the band is) played always on KERRANG and sometimes on SCUZZ. Outstanding track and love the videos(original) :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i have the last 3 releases. basically their "big" albums that got worldwide release. brilliant band. "japanese cyber punk"...

very cool band indeed. if you have a manga DVD you'll have heard them on the "previews" section... their songs make it onto most of the trailers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement