Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before installation from ibb?

• 14-10-2004 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Signed on full of opimisim and anticipation on 15th Sepetember. My latest call this morning rusulted in the "we are awaiting some technical issues to be solved on the mast, we'll call you next week".

I just know that I've been lied to and I'm really annoyed about it, all they have to say is it will be the middle of November or whatever , but to keep putting it off by a week is getting to me. How hard is it for them to actually give a date and keep it? 4 weeks is long enough in my opinion.

Is this is a sign of things to come??

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭MackQ

hshortt wrote:
    Is this is a sign of things to come??

Yip. I'm waiting 11 weeks to be connected to the Bray transmitter...

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Silent Assasin

I was waiting 3 Weeks from original call to the Install date....But that was over a year ago.

I was haing a lot of problems with that mast and they told me that they were going to move me to the Ballymun transmitter and give the the VL gear. Throughput is excellent now with the VL stuff by the way !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

They must be out of capacity or something in Bray, because there are lots of people connected, me included. Performance is patchy and from what I can gather it's patchier than most other people experience. My assumption, and this comes from testing and talking to support, is that they take contention literally and you're bunged together with 20 people (or 8 in my case) and the performance depends on how warez crazy your 19 (or 7) bandwidth buddies are. I would describe the 20:1 service as useless, in my case typical speeds between 10KB/s and 20KB/s. Your mileage may vary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I have very detailed traffic stats on the performance of IBB's service. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll dig them up and you can see what to expect. I have numbers for both the 20:1 and the 8:1 1Mbps services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Sh1t. The above posts do not instill confidence. I am in Bray and was going to connect to breeze lite, but I don't know what to do now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Legion

I was waiting 3 Weeks from original call to the Install date....But that was over a year ago.

I was haing a lot of problems with that mast and they told me that they were going to move me to the Ballymun transmitter and give the the VL gear. Throughput is excellent now with the VL stuff by the way !

Hows your signal been over the last week or so ? mines absolute ****e ,first three weeks where grand maxing out on download speed but since last week I'm lucky if I get 30kbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Yeah, not impressed with their communication before I even get installed. I don't think this is good at all. Really, 11 weeks!!! That's just nuts, how can they justify that time?

Oh well, I guess there's nothing I can do now, I will call them again next week, after that I'm going to call twice a week.

Should I talk to someone other than the sales people? I know they are doing their best but really I guess they've done their bit already and now I should be talking to the engineers.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Well well well I must have done something right cause my installation is taking place this Wednesday! :eek:

Got a call this morning saying that only bad weather would keep them away. Fingers crossed the install goes smooth and I'm online from home come mid-day!

TTFN

Advertisement