Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackjack

Options
  • 14-10-2004 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭

I know its not poker but there is a horizon special on BBC2 tonight, 9pm about a maths teacher who goes to Vegas trying to win at BJ (now thats at BJ rather than a BJ). He borrows mob money to play. Could be good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Brag is the new Black(jack)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

This is a GAMING forum, no gambling here please....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

For anyone with even a passing interest in Blackjack I'd just like to recommend Ben Metzinger's "Bringing Down the House". Just finished it last night after borrowing it off a mate. It's about a group of MIT students who took Vegas for millions through a card-counting system they'd developed. Very interesting read.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

lafortezza wrote:
    Brag is the new Black(jack)

One of my mates played in the €100 game in the fitz on monday and got knocked out in 23rd or so, he then went to the brag table changed 100 and played for 25 on pair plus

first 3 games were blank 4th game gave him brag and €800....

I'm thinking I should probably investigate this game further, although having got a brag on that table a couple of months ago I'm not really due another one yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

careca wrote:
    I know its not poker but there is a horizon special on BBC2 tonight, 9pm about a maths teacher who goes to Vegas trying to win at BJ (now thats at BJ rather than a BJ). He borrows mob money to play. Could be good.

that's the story that Ben Metzinger's based his novel "Bringing Down the House" on..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Sleepy wrote:
    For anyone with even a passing interest in Blackjack I'd just like to recommend Ben Metzinger's "Bringing Down the House". Just finished it last night after borrowing it off a mate. It's about a group of MIT students who took Vegas for millions through a card-counting system they'd developed. Very interesting read.

I've read it sleepy and its good alright. As for the documentary last night, I fell asleep during it. Tells you what I thought of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Iago wrote:
    first 3 games were blank 4th game gave him brag and €800....

Something similar happened to me. Got three nines on second ever hand. Won 150. Gave that and lots more back before I quit. Haven't played brag or bj in about ten visits to Fitz or Merrion. Thats a record for me.

Advertisement