Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why ??????????

• 14-10-2004 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Why do all rappers rap about God

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 IVor

Prob cos they all have some sort of god complex.
    Have u heard Eminem's new album, tis pretty good he kinda goes back to
    funny Slim Shady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Hooky wrote:
    Why do all rappers rap about God

Maybe because they try to get people to believe in God. Maybe to try to get their fans to understand that theres no need for violence in this world. Even though they may break the law themselves and end up in Jail. Theyre prob just trying to get across to people that they can make the world a better place without hatred and fighting.

One song comes to mind "Changes - Tupac". I think he was trying to say that this world can change, people can make it change if they put their minds to it.

Thats why i think they rap about God. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Hooky

I thank God for my life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Hooky stop free-basing.

Makaveli wrote:
    Hooky stop free-basing.
    What do you mean

• Advertisement

:eek:
    Hooky wrote:
    What do you mean
    You think im on the crack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

it would explain alot

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Nemici

Rappers thank god because its dog backwards (pronounced Dawg) (example "yo dawg you buggin" {buggin' - acting in a manner which is not socially acceptable} )
    So in a sense he is thanking a member of his {crew - One's good friends (similar to boyz) }

or they could just be religeous ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Its just the done thing.

They start with a song they never expected to be a hit then it snow balls and they gotta fill up an album, honestly if you had an album to fill up and you already did 3 songs on how your a pimp, 3 about how much yayo you slang and 3 songs on how many of your enemies youve killed what else you got to talk about how much you like mcdonalds ?!? gods all youve got left unless your really creative with that last option ie. stompin in my air force wonnnnns.

Its just a lack of subject matter most of these guys aint been out of there neighbour hoods ever so they dont have that much to talk about.

Kristok wrote:
    Its just the done thing.

They start with a song they never expected to be a hit then it snow balls and they gotta fill up an album, honestly if you had an album to fill up and you already did 3 songs on how your a pimp, 3 about how much yayo you slang and 3 songs on how many of your enemies youve killed what else you got to talk about how much you like mcdonalds ?!? gods all youve got left unless your really creative with that last option ie. stompin in my air force wonnnnns.

Its just a lack of subject matter most of these guys aint been out of there neighbour hoods ever so they dont have that much to talk about.

What about mace hes a Pastor?Preacher

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

I love beta but hes a bit hard to figure out one min hes a pimp then hes a pastor now hes some combo of both yet his new album is very simular to double up and not really anything about god on it.

My formula still stands mase is an anomoly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

You're all phuking idiots ^^^^you especially...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭shiv

I think a lot of rappers and hip hop artists talk about God because they're brought up with more of a sense of religion in their life, because in a lot of cases they come from lower socio-economic groups. I don't think it's completely a race thing, but the majority of people who do it seem to be African-American or black, and I think they're instilled with more of a sense of being grateful for your blessings, and not forgetting the creator when they make it big (next time an awards show is on, listen for the first person thanked in the acceptance speech). maybe it's not entirely sincere all the time, but I think for the most part it is, and it's nice to see.

I really like Kanye West's recent song, Jesus Walks, as well. It addresses this issue in a creative and thoughtful way, and I think it's amazing that a song with Jesus in the title and God in the main subject can do so well in this day and age. Kind of reminds me of Joan Osbourne's What if God was one of us. Sometimes they just strike a chord, maybe more so now after 9/11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

shiv wrote:
    Sometimes they just strike a chord, maybe more so now after 9/11.

dear god, stop the madness please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭shiv

If it was up to me ubu, i certainly would.

Advertisement