Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30Gb Cap, €15 with NTL

• 14-10-2004 3:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭

just got off the phone with me da. he said he's gettin broadband in next wednesday. the weird part is he says hes gettin a 1Gb per day for €15/month off NTL. he wasnt sure wat speed hes gettin but he was told there was 2 faster services so im guessin its the 300kbps?

im surprised coz readin the stickys, the best is around 16Gb per month and the price is higher than €15.

has anyone heard anything about this or could it be that its a special deal for ppl who were with NTL dial up in tallaght but were told they were being disconnected? theres nothin on their site about this.

Or could it just be me computer illiterate da off in wonderland? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Sure it wasnt €25? AFAIK thats the price that the 300kbps is currently going for and comes with the 30gb cap.

http://www.ntl.com/locales/ie/en/athome/internet_cable.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Well NTL's nominal cap is 1GB a day although they apparently don't enforce this unless you're really going nuts downloading.

The cheapest service according to NTL's site is €25 a month.

http://www.ntl.com/locales/ie/en/athome/internet_cable.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

yeah i saw that €25 one but he said it was €15. maybe he was wrong. sure ill ask him again anyway, and see if its NTL doing an offer. (NTL said they'd pay for ppl's costs to get a new phone provider so maybe...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

I spose it could be the whole phone thing alright. Well fair play to him if he does get it for that price. That is the sort of service that every home in Ireland should be able to avail of right now. Except, that is, those that want a faster service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Just an update. NTL are offerin everyone, who was usin dial up, an upgrade to the 300k broadband for the same price as they were payin for the dial up, ie €15 a month.

ps is the 1GB an aggregate cap, meaning u cant go over it each day or, say, download 1.5GB one day and nothing the next day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The_B_Man wrote:
    ps is the 1GB an aggregate cap, meaning u cant go over it each day or, say, download 1.5GB one day and nothing the next day?
    The cap is only a guideline. There's no specific enforcement or measurement of it (from your end). You can download 30Gigs in one day if you want.

Basically if you keep going over it consistently, you'll get a call from NTL asking if you wouldn't be better off switching to a business package.

Although they do say abuse of it will result in termination of the service, I've yet to hear of anyone cut off. I'd imagine you'd want to be doing over 50Gigs every month to get this far.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I've done about 300gigs the past 3 months
    they'regrand about it, though I have to say thats very good of them offerin the bb for 15euros, thats an excellant price!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I've done about 300gigs the past 3 months,
    I got a phone call ages back, offering me their business package because I used it so much, but I asked them why would I want to change to a business package when I'm a home user :)
    they'regrand about it, though I have to say thats very good of them offerin the bb for 15euros, thats an excellant price!

Advertisement