Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blinking Bush

• 14-10-2004 9:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭

Did anyone see the Bush/Kerry debate on sky news tonight? Did you see the body language coming from Bush.. Jesus I hope he doesnt get another 4 years in the white house

A simple google search on 'body language blinking' brings up the following:

'Blinking less also gives an image of confidence'

'Shifty eyes, too much blinking can suggest deception'

'If customers talk to you with their eyes blinking, you have more work to do. ... This type of body language shows a lack of confidence and doubt'

now check out the video:

http://homepage.eircom.net/~anderson2002/video/blinking_bush.wmv (269KB)

4 MORE YEARS!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

ando wrote:
    4 MORE YEARS!!!
    Fine then I'll vote for him - no need to shout :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

bush-debate.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Once the radio was ruled out, they had to write the speeches on the back of his eyelids.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Yeah I noticed it, mentioned it on the Politics board. It was really noticable during the closing speech - it kinda freaked me out because it was so rapid. I imagine it could be interpreted, by some, as to someone who's not over-confident and fallible because he's just one of the people and therefore should be voted in. Hope I'm wrong...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭Calibos

Don't ya just love the way he says, "Afganistan elections blah blah (and without blinking or drawing breadth)...Freedom is on the March".....cue stupid grin.

I think he's said that line in every speech in the last 2 years.

Tis getting annoying now. Watching bush speak is like someone scratching a blackboard for me but everytime I hear that line I don't just want to change channels, I want to reach into the television set and choke the moron to death.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Ah let's be fair their both a pair of tools.

Kerry (in the first debate which was the only one i could be arsed watchin) just kept goin "yeh well when i was in combat" and "yeh well when i was in the war". Seems to be his only shtick really.

Speakin of body language though bush's grin is a little too suspect for my tastes. Its nice how he keeps making little jokes and starting to giggle and NOONE else laughs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

how any single decent american can walk into a polling booth and vot for bush is beyond me, it really is. he's a puppet and a snake, a rare combination.

the only difference between him and saddam is the size of his army. both rotten dicators. the sooner he's gone the better. i'm just glad that in the worst case he'll be out in another 4 years. if the US had the UK's political structure he could be there forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

SteveD wrote:
    Ah let's be fair their both a pair of tools.

Kerry (in the first debate which was the only one i could be arsed watchin) just kept goin "yeh well when i was in combat" and "yeh well when i was in the war". Seems to be his only shtick really.

I wouldnt really call fighting in americas bloodiest war to date 'shtick'. Sure he uses it to get popularity but the fact is hes a decorated war veteran. Id say that gives him a right to mouth about it.
    And if america re-elects bush, well..they deserve everything they get. I dont know how stupid you'd have to be to vote for that murdering bastard twice.
    (well...once, technically seeing as how he wasnt elected the first time)

Well it's fairly neck and neck at the moment. Only a couple of key states are likely to sway it (florida, pennsylvania and another one i cant remember), and ya know Bush's penchant for swaying states he wants to win... So realistically I wouldn't be surprised if he does get in again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

SteveD wrote:
    So realistically I wouldn't be surprised if he does get in again
    me either :confused:

• Advertisement

'Tis a depressing thought alright...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

SteveD wrote:
    Speakin of body language though bush's grin is a little too suspect for my tastes. Its nice how he keeps making little jokes and starting to giggle and NOONE else laughs
    Yeah I noticed that aswell... very creepy.
    One thing I've always noticed about bush speaking from day-one, is that he can't seem to get out a whole sentence in one shot, there are always these unnatural pauses... makes it look like he's being fed every word very slowly through an earpiece.
    Highly noticable when you see him next to Kerry.
    Maybe he was blinking because his microscopic CIA earpiece was giving static or something. ;)

Saddam ... eh heh... has W.... eh heh.... Eapons of .. heh... of Mass Destruction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

LOL exactly :D

Advertisement