Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

to fill or not to fill, curious on others opinions

• 14-10-2004 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

got his done four years ago, meant to have it filled but due to split from ex and relocation never came about, contemplating getting it filled which would require otline being redone, not bothered about that really, just curious. have gotten used to it as it is know, tried filling pic in but always looks arse as have shakiest hands in history.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭pixie_student

fill it in ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

fill it in, it looks half finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I like it as it is. Looks like a fill wouldn't really add anything to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

fill it in imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Some nice shading and filling would do it good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

My opinion is that if you plan on getting any other tattoos on your back dont fill it in as it would dominate and detract from these.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Hmm. Nice back.

Fill it.

:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

That looks nice, would like to see how it looks when filled in,
    how much did it cost you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

:rolleyes: I went to the trouble of filling it in to see what it would look like... really nice.. but I can't figure out how to post the pic!!! ahhh!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

fill that sucka in!

• Advertisement

at last I'm learning slowly but surely.. this is it half filled in.. now what u think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭eoin_f

cork_girl, yeah like it a lot, thanks, still betwixt and between as have had it as is for a long time

Lenny, cost IR£60 for outline and was going to cost IR£80 to fill

JesJes, thanks!!

elephamt king, not getting anything more on my back, was always meant to be the one on my back

major problem is that it should have been filled from the start as it was meant to have been done, the passing of time (years at this stage) has made me used to its current state and attached to it also, so i would worry slightly that the fill may change how i feel about it

understand.. no going back as they say!!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I think you should get the points on the tattoo shaded but leave the main body of it unfilled. It looks really nice the way it is and the shading would enhance that as so many people opt for solid tribal.

PHantonmask -- any chance you have an artistic hand and could shade in as you are describing, curious to see what it would look like but am damn bad at dwawing

Sorry, I'd give it a try my drawing is ****e & I have no access to a scanner or anything! These are the closest pics I could find to describe it, sort of like the pics Cork_girls did but only filling in the tips with a light grey shading to give depth.

http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/A41005/high/iam00068127.jpg
    http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/A40928/high/w1.jpg
    http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/A40824/high/dsc016190.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 RyverWild

Sexy! I think it's wonderfully unique the way it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Righty, I tried the thing Thephantomsmask was talking about. Well, only one side 'cause I'm a lazy bee-atch. And I'm not used to my new tablet so that's why the shading is sort of.. nonexistant in places.

This attachment dealy is confusing so I just threw it onto my space.
    clip_image002edit.jpg

Nice!

Righty, I tried the thing Thephantomsmask was talking about.clip_image002edit.jpg
    really good.. looks really well.. think that'd be nicer than filling it in. gives it a bit more definition and makes it different to the usual ones..

• Advertisement

methinks the award goes to the fade/shade the line inwards, thansk all, owe yes all, will post it up for your remarks when done. thanks again to all..

Eoin.

looks awesome!

think chin job is next on the list, then shoulder implants, spine reduction, oh god i think i ned to go on extreme makeover, any sponsors or back street surgeons there??

E.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭coldenmean

what i would do is leave it blank and shade the outline going outwards... so it looks embossed... does that make sense? thats what i would do anyways... that way you get the best of both worlds :p anyways.. thats my two cents worth
    or.. get centre lines of shading throughout it so it looks sorta metal...... hmmm would try photoshoppin it for ya.. but no time.. hope i made sense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭coldenmean

ok.. maybe my comment was a tad late and i was probably just confusing matters... but howenever....

cold, not exactly sure of you idea, fade it outward?? re centre lines??? lost me there, if you find time would be really appreciated

Something like this?
    clip_image002edit2.jpg

(I need to get a hobby.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 tinsel

i think if you had the centre white...or light gray and gradually turning to black would look nice...did a sample of it in paint but cant figure out how to post it...anyone wana tell me how?

If you don't have anywhere to host it, then you can attach it to the post. It's in the additional options under the submit reply button under the place you write your post (aren't I long winded?). Technically that should work, you can put it straight from your computer.

• Advertisement

both shading options look killer! I'm glad I'm not the one who has to decide ;)

Advertisement