Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Matrix Online

Options
  • 14-10-2004 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭

I was misfortunate enough to be one of the first 5,000 to get a Key off fileplanet for the Beta and waste my time downloading this tripe. It's possibly the most awful MMORPG I've ever played, not just because it's horendously buggy, the graphics are terrible, the controls are terrible, the interface is terrible, the level system is terrible, and the fight system is terrible. Star Wars Galaxies at least had some good points and didn't just completely rely on it's name, but this game really is only for very hardcore matrix fans, which I doubt there are many of whom anyway after that last 2 films.

Avoid it at all costs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

20040521.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Cina wrote:
    I was misfortunate enough to be one of the first 5,000 to get a Key off fileplanet for the Beta and waste my time downloading this tripe. It's possibly the most awful MMORPG I've ever played, not just because it's horendously buggy, the graphics are terrible, the controls are terrible, the interface is terrible, the level system is terrible, and the fight system is terrible. Star Wars Galaxies at least had some good points and didn't just completely rely on it's name, but this game really is only for very hardcore matrix fans, which I doubt there are many of whom anyway after that last 2 films.

Avoid it at all costs.

thanks for the heads up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Notice all the good games being advertised in the back. :)

Yeah, CtrlAltDel are like that... Only found the site the other night and already I have their two year backlog read... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Yeah, CtrlAltDel are like that... Only found the site the other night and already I have their two year backlog read... :)
    whats the address? Sounds pretty cool :)

• Advertisement

www.ctrlaltdel-online.com, not that its not at the bottom of the comic or anything :D

www.ctrlaltdel-online.com, not that its not at the bottom of the comic or anything :D

Whoa, Dude.

I was too busy clicking on the link in your sig :

Want to know how to ask a question in the Comp boards?

Irony is a cruel, sadistic bitch.

Ivan wrote:
    Irony, huh? She's a cruel Mistress.

Whats even worse is that I used to have Sean Kelly teaching me Leaving Cert Irish... If I'd thought of it then, I'd have taken it up with him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

Any chance for a sneeky peek then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i was going to download it, thanks for the heads up./

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Cina wrote:

Avoid it at all costs.

You do realise beta means that it's still in testing phase. It's bound to be buggy. The graphics problem could be your hardware's fault. Try turning off people and cars. Since then they've introduced new dueling systems and a cornucopia of other stuff. People, don't dismiss it just because of one post about the game's beta!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You do realise beta means that it's still in testing phase. It's bound to be buggy.

It depends on what kind of Beta it is. Closed Beta is generally buggy and doesn't fully represent the finished game.

Open beta is normally for free advertising and load testing.

You will find MMORPG long term players are more cynical of bugs as it is normal for a lot of companies to release buggy crap and then patch it later (normally charging the playerbase for extension).

Hobbes wrote:
    It depends on what kind of Beta it is. Closed Beta is generally buggy and doesn't fully represent the finished game.

Open beta is normally for free advertising and load testing.

You will find MMORPG long term players are more cynical of bugs as it is normal for a lot of companies to release buggy crap and then patch it later (normally charging the playerbase for extension).

Yeah you're right there man. But it's the closed beta on discussion here. OPEN BETA NOVEMBER 18th WWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :D

So is anyone here actively playing MxO?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Not a hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 P45

Not a hope here, either.

If I can find a download for the open beta and get into it, I would try it out at least. But no such luck.

Well you're not going to find one as it's a closed beta for preorderers and already beta testing beta testers only. Each link they send to a person for their download only works once and only for a short period of time plus you have to have a code to get the link.

Advertisement