Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change Amps Username Pledges Only Please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I will take Pam's place and play poker in drag. I have 2 conditions, details here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2023520&postcount=19

I can't be arsed reading the whole thread, is it €1000 to do it or what?

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Should set a total like €1200 or so to play the poker MrP too get some real funds in. Ill add €50 to the poker fund now

[edit] €50 paypalled over now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

MrPudding wrote:
    I will take Pam's place and play poker in drag. I have 2 conditions, details here:

I can't be arsed reading the whole thread, is it €1000 to do it or what?

MrP

Ah Mr P those unreasonable conditions would put you out of the running for me but see what everyone else thinks. ;) Fair play for being a sport.

Who ever ends up doing it its got to be worth a grand at the minimun. Think of the abuse the poor guy will have to put up with for the rest of his poker playing days. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

gerire wrote:
    Should set a total like €1200 or so to play the poker MrP too get some real funds in. Ill add €50 to the poker fund now

[edit] €50 paypalled over now

That makes €800 in pledges to a poker fund, (subject approval from all the original posters who asked for pam I presume).

Mr P, you should set yourself a target to help get the donations rolling in. At least €1000, but I was thinking €1500 might be do-able.

I think €1500 would be a reasonable amount. I think I will be very pretty and it shoul deasily be worth that.

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I beg you not to go down the mini-skirt route ;)

However, I'd expect some accessories to be part of the bargain - handbag, hat, make-up.

One word of warning - if Joe O'Neill starts chatting you up - run!!

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

will it be possible to get photographic evidence of our poker playing heroine? is that allowed in poker clubs!?

Hyzepher wrote:
    However, I'd expect some accessories to be part of the bargain - handbag, hat, make-up.

Hyzepher
    Hah. You try and stop me.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

pam.png

Fairplay to you Mr. Pudding.
    :D

Actually, Mr. P, I could make one of the above for the Suited Aces website/poker forum if you are interested?
    will it be possible to get photographic evidence of our poker playing heroine? is that allowed in poker clubs!?

Bribe security and get the CCTV footage! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

yeah i was serious, although i'll prob donate 100 anyway. i'll let you know when i've done it.
    anyway, pam DOES need someone to do her make up. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

MrPudding wrote:
    I will take Pam's place and play poker in drag.
    Gwaan MrsPudding!

This is going to be the best €100 I ever spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

MrPudding wrote:

And with your obviously superior maths skills, you'll last a very long time at the poker table ;)

Trojan wrote:
    And with your obviously superior maths skills, you'll last a very long time at the poker table ;)
    I did have another condition but then I decided that intercourse might be OK, depending on how much beer I had. I removed the condition but forgot to change the number. God, I'm soooooo blonde. Cool, I can feel my new persona washing over me already.

MrP

Seraphina wrote:
    yeah i was serious, although i'll prob donate 100 anyway. i'll let you know when i've done it.
    anyway, pam DOES need someone to do her make up. :D

Ahhhh she'll be luverly not that she needs make up or anything, :eek:

Thanks for the clarification Seraphina

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Might be worth starting MrPudding his own thread, or is all this money going towards Pam's poetry reading as well?

Raphael wrote:
    Might be worth starting MrPudding his own thread, or is all this money going towards Pam's poetry reading as well?

Well I'd like to think that everything pledged would go towards the €3000 pam in a dress fund, so until pam says different its fine to continue on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Really does depend how willing she is to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

This thread has not been active for the bast couple of days. Might I suggest that it be put in a prominent place say as an announcement so we can get the three grand, theres 1755 euros needed loike. and the clock is ticking.

This thread has not been active for the bast couple of days. Might I suggest that it be put in a prominent place say as an announcement so we can get the three grand, theres 1755 euros needed loike. and the clock is ticking.

The weekends are normally quiet around here . The pledges listed on the thread amount to €2205 so there is not that far to go to the €3000 target if Pam is agreeable to accept the Poker pledges as part of this effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

dangerman wrote:
    Bribe security and get the CCTV footage! :)

Nah we'll just bring in a camera and take a photo
    Dappergent wrote:
    Gwaan MrsPudding!

This is going to be the best €100 I ever spent.

Agreed :D

• Advertisement

The thread has died a death in the last few days, so to freshen things up I'm pledging an extra €100 (I had said I'd match anyone else pledgeing €100 a few pages ago, but I'm gonna throw the €100 in anyway). I'll arrange payment through paypal in the next few days.

Anyone else willing to match me?

p.s. if I get a chance later tonight, I'll post up a revised total for the fund.

Yo Pam I hope you are swotting up on the Pam Ayres poem .

Current standings:

Change Amp To Pam

Moriarty € 30
    MAdsl € 4.50
    Billy The Squid €30.00
    Sleepy € 20.00
    The Reckless One €120
    The Muppet €50.00
    Smoke me A Kipper € 5.00
    Eirebhoy € 10.00
    Gurgel €10.00
    Beruthiel €20.00
    Seamus €10.00
    Evil Phil €10.00
    Doodle Sketch €25.00
    Buffybot €20.00
    Embee €20.00
    Gordon €10.00
    oscarBravo €20.00
    damien.m €10.00
    Smokey2 €30.00
    Santa Clause €10.00
    RuggieBear €20.00
    daveirl €10.00
    ZENER €200.00
    zaph €10.00
    Anonymous donation €190
    BEAT €50
    flameboy €25
    sutty €30
    raskolnikov €10
    Silver Fish €20
    Dr Loon €20
    Unkel €10
    Mr. Pudding €10
    Redshift €50
    Bard €20
    Briano €5.50
    Praetorian €10
    Inspector Gadget €20
    Secret Squirrel €50
    littleninja €50
    tuxy €20
    seraphina €50

Total €1345

€1500 will add an extra month. €3000 in total will see Pam in drag.

Agent Smith €30
    Secret Squirrel €50 Pink Space invader with a handbag.

Tagline Change to: And Her 5 Daughters (Auction)

DapperGent €20
    Syxpak €20
    Boro €10
    ZENER €20
    Smokey2 € 10

Total Bid = €80

Mr Pudding to play tournament in Fitzwilliam Card Club. In Drag. All night
    Hyzepher €200
    Iago €100
    Hobart € 200
    Devore €100
    Trojan €50
    DapperGent €100

Total = €750

DeVore €50 ( more if he plays at the 50-euro cash game with Frank Hunt and the aul lads without explaining it!!)

I just want to say for the record that when I do this I will not be saying I am doing it for charity. I will simply tell people that it is something I have been thinking about for a while and I just find it more "comfortable"

MrP

ps. I don't know if I can afford to play in the cash game!

MrPudding wrote:
    I just want to say for the record that when I do this I will not be saying I am doing it for charity. I will simply tell people that it is something I have been thinking about for a while and I just find it more "comfortable"

MrP

ps. I don't know if I can afford to play in the cash game!

That will be so funneh. I'm trying to imagine how the other players will react. Chances are that they will be a little distracted from the game .you could have a vert profitable night. Who knows you might even start a trend. :D

The Muppet wrote:
    Yo Pam I hope you are swotting up on the Pam Ayres poem .

Current standings:

<snip>

Cheers mate, forgot to post that up in the post-election gloom...

Cheers mate, forgot to post that up in the post-election gloom...

NP I assumed you were busy so just did a quick update this morning . I think I got everything.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Right, been talking to Mrs Pudding there and he's agreed to fold the poker pledges to the amp->pam thing. Of course this is assuming that there are no objections from those generous souls who've already donated.

This will unfortunately bring my target much closer (€2095) and so I'd better start actually figuring out what I'm going to wear.

pam: who is starting to really understand that "Sometimes it's hard to be a woman" song...

P.s. I think we'll abandon the avatar/tag thing and just go with what has been proposed. I'll knock up (fnar fnar) a....girly version... of my beloved space invader and stick with my five sisters.

pam wrote:
    Right, been talking to Mrs Pudding there and he's agreed to fold the poker pledges to the amp->pam thing. Of course this is assuming that there are no objections from those generous souls who've already donated.

Good stuff out of the two of you.

Even more reason for other folk to get donating, we're inching closer to that €3000...

pam wrote:
    This will unfortunately bring my target much closer (€2095) and so I'd better start actually figuring out what I'm going to wear.

Oh No Pam , we're a lot closer than that. :D:D:D

SO far there is €2305 pledged in total if those who pledged for the avatar are willing to let thier pledges stand. Thats not counting the extra pledge from seraphina we are waiting on confimation on. I,d be learning that poem if I were you. ;)

Good on ya Mrs Pudding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Ho ho!

Might I suggest this Pam Ayres poem/song to be recited, seeing as it has a somewhat "womanly" theme?

Advertisement