Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change Amps Username Pledges Only Please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

DapperGent wrote:
    Me? Me? Are you nuts? I don't have the stones for that.
    Well, not having stones would be a good start :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

Ok I've been messing with the php GD to generate images and learning php/mysql for my portfolio so i gave myself a little project - 'the pam button'

Here it is:

pam.png

So basically I have a form that i just type the current value of the pamfund into it and it updates the image. i know - noob php but im learnding!

The likeness of pam is based on the one time i saw her at a poker game in samba's house. She had those big glasses on. :)

Could always change it to use this pic. :D

If anyone actually wanted to run with the button in there sig thats cool, and I'd give the location of the form to update the graphic to whoever of the group is keeping tabs on the fund. - just not gonna post it here cause trolls could wreck it obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

just a quick question, is it possible to include "days to go" in the button?

it looks good though.

aha, cool suggestion. i look at it. 27th nov right?

it would like add a sence of urgence to the donations

• Advertisement

done, days to go added.

pam.png

thats pretty damn good if i may say so

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Unfortunately a large number of people have pledged without actually doing the important bit:

Total collected to date: 369.04

Please please dont make me have to go through them all to see who did and who didnt cough up... I know a few people are paying at the beers but we're far from the total pledged...

DeV.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

DeVore wrote:
    Unfortunately a large number of people have pledged without actually doing the important bit:

Please please dont make me have to go through them all to see who did and who didnt cough up... I know a few people are paying at the beers but we're far from the total pledged...

DeV.

I am pledging at the beers! :D If you will be there should we all hand it over to you? there were quite a few people bringing it to the beers I thought. Perhaps everyone should edit there post to include that info?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

DeV... my transfer should have gone through immediately last night seeing as it's BoI to BoI. Let me know if there was a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

DeVore wrote:

DeV.

Does that include the SSF BOI account plus the Paypal system or are they a combined thing ? I did my transfer in BOI in Swords so that should have gone almost straight away to the SSF account - The other 20 quid for the Tagline I will hand up at the Beers on the 27th.

ZEN

DeVore wrote:

DeV.

this should have gone in by now.

mine went to the Bank of Irlenad account

DeV.

I thought this might be an issue. For the purposes of the pam button does it really matter though? The amount pledged is the amount to get pam in a dress, just like it was the amount pledged that got amp to change to pam.

If you think it's too misleading etc. the value could be changed to 369.04 but then the dream of that cute girl in drag seems so far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i'm all paid up! Paypaled!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

No, sorry, people are misunderstanding me (and I was quite mistaken too)

I'm sure the money will be raised, I just wanted to remind people that while its fun to pledge money and screw around with Amps account (with his consent, nay encouragement) there is a "follow through" of actually donating the cash pledged.

I had thought that Paypal automatically forwarded the cash to the bank account too... I copped that it doesnt when the amount raised in the Paypal account was a bit more then the bank account and (righteously) went looking to see who had taken a slice from the cash!

Turns out the money is in Paypal and the bank account has collected almost as much.
    (which, while making me feel foolish, means that we've already raised about 700 euro for the charity before we've even started. Foolish I can live with :) )

It strikes me that we raised about that ENTIRELY last year in cash. The fact that that doesnt surprise me at all is testament to the mental barricades I've thrown up to deal with this year. I have a feeling its going to get a bit crazy. :)

Also, please dont take what I said as any negative comment on this. I think the whole Amp <-> Pam thing is pure oldskool Boards.ie culture all the way. I couldnt be prouder of the site then in the last week or two as a result.

DeV.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Tom
    I presume that you or one of the other Admins will be at the pissup at the end of november?
    I was going to put the dosh into one of your hands that night, along with my re-subscription....

I'm sure a few of us will be there. I'm certainly going to be there.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Is b*bbles going to be the securicor guard?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Gordon wrote:
    Is b*bbles going to be the securicor guard?

hahaha, I am still trying to convince bubbs to show up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Just paid up... Sorry, but had to wait for a cheque to clear first...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Just paid up... Sorry, but had to wait for a cheque to clear first...

Sorry but you'll have to pay interest. ;)

Where's Pam? I havn't seen her since she was complaining of being sick.
    Maybe she's pining for her new pink handbag

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

DeVore wrote:

DeV.

As I understand it, DeV has realised there's more money than he though at first already donated.

Anyway, to help the situation, can people who pay by paypal make sure they include their boards username and some reference to the amp=pam fund with their payment? There's a dialogue box for you to fill in a comment on the payapl payment page (like my alliteration? ;) )

For those who are using the BOI account, IIRC you can include a refernce when lodging money to a bank a/c, if you're not too embaressed include your boards username and the amp=pam fund thingy as well

Personally I feel everyone will come good on their promises for this one, you're all good people and the response has been terrific so far. Now, hows about we get to the €3000 figure???

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Just double checked my Paypal account - I'm definitely paid up but left my name off the payment. Doh! If you need a reference to tie payments up let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

zaph wrote:
    Just double checked my Paypal account - I'm definitely paid up but left my name off the payment. Doh! If you need a reference to tie payments up let me know.

I think thats one for DeV or one of the other SSF organisers to decide. Should be easy enough to sort out if required.

feck it stick me down for another ten euros, I will pay it when I get paid. just because the total hasn't gone up all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

i Pledge 20 euro

and iv just paid up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

will pledge 50 squids, maybe more if i feel generous when im down at the bank tomorrow, although im heading down to pay my tax :(
    maybe 100 if amp lets me do his make up
    mwahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

The Muppet wrote:
    Sorry but you'll have to pay interest. ;)

Where's Pam? I havn't seen her since she was complaining of being sick.
    Maybe she's pining for her new pink handbag

:D

You obviously haven't been looking hard enough honey.

pam wrote:
    You obviously haven't been looking hard enough honey.

You must be moving in new circles doll. I hope your not sleeping around on me :p

Current standings:

Change Amp To Pam
    Moriarty € 30
    MAdsl € 4.50
    Billy The Squid €30.00
    Sleepy € 20.00
    The Reckless One € 20
    The Muppet €50.00
    Smoke me A Kipper € 5.00
    Eirebhoy € 10.00
    Gurgel €10.00
    Beruthiel €20.00
    Seamus €10.00
    Evil Phil €10.00
    Doodle Sketch €25.00
    Buffybot €20.00
    Embee €20.00
    Gordon €10.00
    oscarBravo €20.00
    damien.m €10.00
    Smokey2 €30.00
    Santa Clause €10.00
    RuggieBear €20.00
    daveirl €10.00
    ZENER €200.00
    zaph €10.00
    Anonymous donation €190
    BEAT €50
    flameboy €25
    sutty €30
    raskolnikov €10
    Silver Fish €20
    Dr Loon €20
    Unkel €10
    Mr. Pudding €10
    Redshift €50
    Bard €20
    Briano €5.50
    Praetorian €10
    Inspector Gadget €20
    Secret Squirrel €50
    littleninja €50
    tuxy €20
    seraphina €50

Total €1245

€1500 will add an extra month. €3000 in total will see Pam in drag.

Agent Smith €30
    Secret Squirrel €50 Pink Space invader with a handbag.

Tagline Change to: And Her 5 Daughters (Auction)

DapperGent €20
    Syxpak €20
    Boro €10
    ZENER €20
    Smokey2 € 10

Total Bid = €80

Volunteer to play tournament in Fitzwilliam Card Club. In Drag. All night (Unconfirmed)
    Hyzepher €200
    Iago €100
    Hobart € 200
    Devore €100
    Trojan €50
    DapperGent €100

Total = €750

DeVore €50 ( more if he plays at the 50-euro cash game with Frank Hunt and the aul lads without explaining it!!)

• Advertisement

Seraphina wrote:
    will pledge 50 squids, maybe more if i feel generous when im down at the bank tomorrow, although im heading down to pay my tax :(
    maybe 100 if amp lets me do his make up
    mwahahah

Seraphina I have put you down for €50, If when you are in the bank you decide to put the taxman on the long finger {he will nott mind}and lodged more than that to the S.S.F please advise for the pledges and totals to be altered.

Are you serious aboout the €50 extra to do pams make up subject to her approval ?

Advertisement