Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ClickSilver Bill

• 15-10-2004 11:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

Is there anyone else here still waiting on their ClickSilver Bill?
    Mine is usually issued on th 12th of every month

(and UTV then steal the money 5 days later from my account to stop me from having time to query the bill!)

Still no sign of my online bill for September...
    I have mailed the accounts Dept about it, but as usual I still await an answer 24 hours later

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

geecee wrote:
    (and UTV then steal the money 5 days later from my account to stop me from having time to query the bill!)
    It takes you more than five days to check over your bill? How is taking money that you own them "stealing" exactly?

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭geecee

Hi Adam
    when I said "stealing" i meant it in a tongue in cheek way!

However I do think 5 days it very little time between the time you are billed and the money is removed from your account.

Especially given UTVs notoriously slow responses to mail/phone queries.

Mastercard give me up to 56 days
    O2 give me 14 days
    NTL give me 16 days
    ESB give 14 days
    Even Eircom give 15 days!

And I still havn't got my bill!

geecee wrote:
    when I said "stealing" i meant it in a tongue in cheek way!
    Fair enough. I didn't recognise it as humour.
    However I do think 5 days it very little time between the time you are billed and the money is removed from your account. Especially given UTVs notoriously slow responses to mail/phone queries.
    Surely it should be /because/ of UTV's yadda yadda yadda, because I fail to see how it could take more than five minutes to check over an invoice, never mind five days. And of course it's because of UTV's notoriously slow responses to mail enquiries that you should use the phone (which I've never had a problem with).

(I'm not saying you should excuse UTV's absolutely terrible email support, just that it's ridiculous to use it if you already know it's rubbish.)
    And I still havn't got my bill!
    See above.

adam

Here ya go.
    Sent: 15 October 2004 16:12
    To: UTV Internet Subscriber
    Subject: UTV Customer Billing Advice - 15/10/2004

Dear UTV Customer,

We would like to advise all customers that bills for the September 2004 period will be available online from Monday, 18 October. We apologies for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

UTV Talk customers should note that line rental charges will not be included in your bill, as the migration process from your existing provider is still underway. This does not affect your service in any other way - you''ll still receive all the great savings the UTV Talk service offers.

Kinds regards,
    The UTV Team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

heres a cracker for ye...

Got an email from utv about a month ago informing me that they could not extract money from my account because (as they presumed) I had cancelled the direct debit. It goes without saying that I didn't. I replied to the email stating that and also that the bank had scratched their collective head and basically replied with a "huh?".

About a month later (a few days ago) I got yet another email from utv saying they still could not take money from my account because, get this, I have "closed my bank account". Yes, the same bank account that I've had for the past ohhh about 10 years.

The mind boggles. Or at least my mind does.

• Advertisement

I've had two letters telling me that my credit card has expired, even though I made sure it was up to date after receiving the first one. (It was.) But I seem to have about a dozen accounts in there at this stage, so I guess that should account for it. I'll be most unhappy if they cut me off though...

adam

Advertisement