Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibbers....

• 15-10-2004 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

i haven't been here in a long time but can any of you's tell me if its worth my while? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Eldarin

Oh be careful what you say in here on this subject. A Bit touchy to say the least. General feelings on the place are thats its crap. However I quite enjoy it there, the atmosphere and the people are great. Best thing is to come along and have a look for yourself see what you think.

I'll be in there tomorrow night if you want to hook up.

Cheers
    Eldarin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

you sud go...
    i am going kinda have to....
    i've alot of mates that go there but this 1 in particular is insisting...
    i don't have anything against the place bar my x's that go there.
    tee hee hee <sure we sud all meet up>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I like the place, can't see why so many people here dislike it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Prozium

I like the place, can't see why so many people here dislike it.

Do you go there much ??

It's just I know a guy called Karl that's there every weekend.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ive been drinking in Fibbers for 13 years now and have to say I think the place is great.Never any hassle,the crowd are mostly fairly decent,musics usually good except for the odd Saturday where its been absolutely crap.Drink is cheap enough and not watered down anymore(dont think it ever was but some may disagree)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Hellrazer wrote:
    Ive been drinking in Fibbers for 13 years now and have to say I think the place is great.Never any hassle,the crowd are mostly fairly decent,musics usually good except for the odd Saturday where its been absolutely crap.Drink is cheap enough and not watered down anymore(dont think it ever was but some may disagree)

fibbers always watered down their pints and spirits, either that or there was a good measure of water in the glass before they filled it :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

If they did then I didnt notice it-Probably cos I was so young that I probably would`ve gotten pi$$ed on 2 normal pub pints but in Fibbers it was 6 of theirs :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Two questions; what time does it close on a Saturday night, and is the outside smoking place still at the back?
    Haven't been there in a while.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Prozium wrote:
    That's not Karl with the red hair is it, tall and gangly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Thirteen years is a long time to be going there, you must have seen some changes. They don't have the beer garden anymore do they? I guess I feel I would be bored with the same pub for that long.

• Advertisement

i know two karls that go there...
    once used to be in a band and go out with a beauty called eibhlin and then the other is a very nice guy talk's about himself in the third person

whats the price on the door

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

One question - Do they sell Bulmers on tap?

K.

ixoy wrote:
    That's not Karl with the red hair is it, tall and gangly...

The Karl I know has a beard and long blond receeding hair. Always wairs leather head to toe.

One question - Do they sell Bulmers on tap?

K.

Yep. Although I've heard it's actually Cidona with paint stripper added to give it some kick.

They used to sell it on tap but it always worked out better value buying the pint bottles

vodka
    vodka
    vodka....
    men....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

vodka
    vodka
    vodka....
    men....

wow you sound like a few of my ex's that used to frequent fibbers :)

Not being bad by saying this but its nice to see some praise for the place.
    whats the price on the door

Free!!!!!!!! The best things always are.
    Two questions; what time does it close on a Saturday night, and is the outside smoking place still at the back?
    Haven't been there in a while.

It Closes at around 2:30 / 2:45. Depends on whether the dance floor is willing to be emptied and yes the beer garden is in full swing at the back. They have the main beer garden and the sheltered area of to the right which now convienently enough has a pool table in it. :p

Thank you. Thats all I'll say.

anyone going in tomorrow night. Wanna hook up for a pint and a laugh.

:p;):D:):p;):p

PM Me i'll tell you.

• Advertisement

ok well i'll be in there with two of my mates!!!
    keep an eye out for me i got short red hair and will be wearing these deadly boots (6 1/2 in steal heal's black leather and fur on the top!!)

FX Meister wrote:
    Thirteen years is a long time to be going there, you must have seen some changes. They don't have the beer garden anymore do they? I guess I feel I would be bored with the same pub for that long.

Yep seen all the changes taht took place.
    From upstairs being rock/metal downstairs being the dancy type of place to the new setup with the good music being downstairs.Beer garden is still there and is where all the craic happens most nights since the smoking ban.Usually theres more people out in the beer garden than there is inside.
    Actually Ive never gotten bored with the place even met my wife there.

And yep Ill be there tomorrow. As usual.
    Richie

i know two karls that go there...
    once used to be in a band and go out with a beauty called eibhlin and then the other is a very nice guy talk's about himself in the third person
    #

This very nice guy doesnt wear glasses by any chance??Long hair,leathers,talks in a real low voice??

ok well i'll be in there with two of my mates!!!
    keep an eye out for me i got short red hair and will be wearing these deadly boots (6 1/2 in steal heal's black leather and fur on the top!!)
    I hope you're a lady?

Hellrazer wrote:
    #

This very nice guy doesnt wear glasses by any chance??Long hair,leathers,talks in a real low voice??

yup

yes i am a lady (21)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Prozium wrote:
    Do you go there much ??

No, it's definetly not me.

I'm from Galway, don't get much of a chance to go there.

yup

From Bray??

So are we having a little bit of boards.ie convention in Fibbers Tonight then.

I'll be in there by around 9:30 or there abouts.

• Advertisement

Eldarin wrote:
    So are we having a little bit of boards.ie convention in Fibbers Tonight then.

I'll be in there by around 9:30 or there abouts.

We`ll all wear a Red Rose tucked into our Leathers,Basque,(..insert item of Fibbers wear here) so that we know each other.

Advertisement