Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Kilcoole?

Options
  • 15-10-2004 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hey guys, any idea when Kilcoole, co wicklow, is ment to be enabled for broadband?
    They have just move the kilcoole exchange to newtown mount kennedy, this is ment to get us up..but will it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

Borris,

I was told by an Eircom engineer that what they were doing was re-balancing the exchanges in anticipation of the growth in Kilcoole over the next few years. NMK has been upgraded so it is possible if your number has been transferred to this exchange that BB is available - assuming you don't have a) bad line c) a splitter or c) are too far from the exchange.

There has been some talk that Kilcoole has been upgraded for DSL but that Eircom are not making it available. However you may want to try and get some info from Eircm at 1 800 512 128.

Good luck

M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Borris

thanks,
    it was in the local paper that kilcoole was getting dsl, but where i am i kilcoole i think im F**ked lol, as far as i can be from NMK lol :(

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Eircom havnt upgraded the kilcoole exchange, even tho kilcoole's population is nearly the same as NMK

im just a smidgen out of range of NMK myself aswell :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Borris

sucks dont it blitz!

*sobs*
    no broadband for us

Advertisement