Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

therapy? - any good ?

Options
  • 15-10-2004 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

i see from ticketmaster that therapy? have got an upcoming gig in the ambassador. are they any good ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Yep, you're practically guaranteed a quality evening there. They were the only bright spot on a very miserable day at Ozzfest a couple of years ago while I waited the long wait for Slayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

absolutely, Therapy? are a great band both for their studio recordings and their live shows.

If you can, get your hands or listen to most of their back-catalogue, especially the following

Troublegum
    Nurse
    Suicide Pact: You First

I am sure others will recommend other albums, but those 3 would be my top pick

Check out their website for audio and video

http://www.therapyquestionmark.co.uk/audio/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Get Troublegum and Semi-Detached, and decide for yourself. Music is a subjective thing, but I think the consensus is that they're worth a listen at least.

I've heard it said that they could have been as big as Soundgarden / Pearl Jam / any of them if it hadn't been for their horrible mis-management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

yes yes go see them just remember wen saying therapy? you have to look like your asking a question... and sound like your asking a question also

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Doctor J wrote:
    Yep, you're practically guaranteed a quality evening there. They were the only bright spot on a very miserable day at Ozzfest a couple of years ago while I waited the long wait for Slayer.

agreed they saved the day, stupid BLS not playing :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

they're grunge ??

hmm thanks for the info, im seriously contemplating getting a ticket now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭iasc

no they're not grunge, each album sounds different to the next
    there latest album never apologise never explain is their heaviest yet, and its brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

More of a Punk/Metal than a grunge band

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

they're pure class

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

The new album is a ****ing killer!!!! Short and sweet, with song titles like "rock you monkeys" and "die like a mother ****er" you know its gonna be great..... they always have good names for songs dont they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Therapy don't have just one genre, but they are great.

I liked High Anxiety, its fairly heavy, Troublegum is fantastic despite being quite grunge, and for innovation you have to hand it to Nurse, which is a trance album, as played out by a metal quartet - pretty cool and surprisingly good.

But for the full treatment, and to know what to expect, you should get their DVD Socophobia, recorded in Belfast last year. It gives a good overall idea of what to expect, plenty of good music and idea of how heavy its going to be :)

Needless to say, I'm going to this concert...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 czar

i was a big fan when they first came out but they lost me when they went all skate board punk

first two mini-albums are still two of the best irish records of the last 20 years - 'babyteeth' and 'pleasure death'

went to see them in cork's cyprus avenue a few months back - 250 capacity - and they still rock like a mother****er . . . well worth seeing live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

"Troublegum" is an ace album.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Therapy? absolutely rock - I've seen them 3 times (in the Gaiety, the Ambassador and Ozzfest) and they have never ever disappointed. Should be a no-brainer solid night of music and fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

DVD Socophobia,

Thats Scopophobia.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Troublegum is a brilliant album - not really that grungy in my opinion - more metal that that. MAssive sense of anger about it as well - kinda Rage against the machine level anger but with less social commentary.

Lyrics from Knives still stuck in my head now - "Im gonna get drunk - come round and f*ck you up."

Really really good singles album - all standout tracks like screamager, knives and going nowhere.

See them you wont regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I saw Therapy? a few years ago in the Ambassador, they are a fantastic live band and that was one of the best gigs i've ever been to!
    I think i'll be going along to that one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

I saw therapy a few years ago in the Olympia!....Not a fan of them to be honest but i went because a load of my mates were and it was for the laugh!....Had fun at the gig though but it wouldnt be one of my favourites!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

First gig I ever went to was Therapy? in the SFX back in 1993. Cracking gig it was, and every time I've seen 'em since they were ace.

SFX 93
    Suntroke 94
    Point Depot 95
    Olympia 99/2000?
    Ozzfest 02

Might toddle along to this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Olympia 99/2000?QUOTE]

Think it was then mate!.....was at that one myself!Wasnt bad but never really heard them before that!.....Wouldnt exactly be my type of music!

• Advertisement
Advertisement