Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording DVD's to VHS

Options
  • 26-03-2001 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

How do you do it?, I have a TV out on my hardware decoder, i was just wondering how i did this as when i just hook it up to my VCR i just get static, ps just wondering if it matters if it is a Region 1(US) DVD or not.

Max : There's nothing here! I want my money back!
    Sam : We didn't pay anything...
    Max : Well, someone'd better give me some money...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Do a search for macrovision. It's the protection used. Funny enough not all DVD's have macrovision protection.

My previous place the only connection for the MAC to play DVD's was connecting to the VCR. I could watch fine and even record. Until I stuck in "Zorro" at which point the macrovision protection got activated and couldn't watch anything again on DVD.

You can get a black-box which will steady the signal, but it's not something you can buy in a shop (at least here).

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 27-03-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

dvd genie will turn off macrovision for your player.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Hunter px1

region select also deables macrovision and also give you a nice region selectoin for you dvd drive, i think it only works with Creative Labs Drive frown.gif

Advertisement