Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash files

Options
  • 15-10-2004 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

How can I save these to my HD and edit them?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

How can I save these to my HD and edit them?
    You can't for most of them, they generally have write protection of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

as in a normal flash movie used on websites? they're usually exported in .swf format which you can't open and edit normally with flash as a .fla file, unless you can find a swf decompiler somewhere. I remember using a trial of one a while ago that decompiled the first 30 frames and allowed me to use all the symbols in those frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

sionnach wrote:
    as in a normal flash movie used on websites? they're usually exported in .swf format which you can't open and edit normally with flash as a .fla file, unless you can find a swf decompiler somewhere. I remember using a trial of one a while ago that decompiled the first 30 frames and allowed me to use all the symbols in those frames.

Could you see the actionscript applied to those symbols and/or timeline frames??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

impr0v wrote:
    Could you see the actionscript applied to those symbols and/or timeline frames??

From what I remeber, I think you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

yeah you could. A lot of it didnt make sense tho seeing as you only got the first 30 frames. I'll have to try out a full decompiler sometime and see what they're like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement