Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brass Eye

Options
  • 25-03-2001 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

Anyone remember this?, it was done by a guy called Chris Morris (The Day Today), extremely funny cod-documentary program. Unfortunatly it was cancelled after 6 episodes for cutting a bit too close to the bone:

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Yeah I remember seeing it,years ago,I cudn't have fully appreciated it. hehe,great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Hecate I could kiss you. (I won't though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

That drugs episode was undoubtedly the funniest half hour of TV ever.

It's missing the boardroom scene with the company on drugs ?
    Funny as fuk tho.
    ...then big ben is a giant needle...etc.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Jesus - I remember watching that with Monty (or was it Sico) in Net House once - OH! how we laughed (out loud) biggrin.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[honey i] violated [the kids]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Hehe, twas my good(questionable?) self, and I still have the mpegs and .rams for extended LOLs. Good christ that Chris Morris is a genius, and touched me in ways no other man can (oo-er...). I don't think I'll ever forget the time I cracked up after realizing one particular sentence he spoke made absolutely no sense whatsoever (noone I was watching it with had any idea what I was laughing at, I had to rewind it later to show them). Another memorable TV event was the intro to 'Sex'.

And yes, the official word is that the various celebrities (Noel Edmonds etc) did actually believe they were helping prevent the menace of the plate-sized yellow drug 'cake' eek.gif

Afaik one of the dullard MPs raised the issue in the commons. When they found out it was a hoax they went ballistic. Probably because, on reflection they realised just how dumb they'd been.

The day today archives are also worthy of your bandwidth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 GerryBoy

There is a new programme coming out in a few weeks (on BBC I think) by the god that is Morris. Its about the Yorkshire Ripper and is reportedly his darkest work to date - and thats coming from HIM!

Brass Eye has to be my favourite comedy of all time. The "drugs" one was hilarious, and the "Sex" one nearly killed me!
    (Scene opens on a man standing naked behind a woman, who is on all fours - giving the dog a bone, as it were, then the camera closes in on the mans face. Its Chris Morris. He stares fixedly at the viewer and says "Imagine if this were really happening...")

Advertisement