Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Christmas shopping plans

Options
  • 15-10-2004 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

So some of you if not all of you have started your Christmas shopping. so the question for this week is. Is limerick a good place to do christmas shopping, or will you go to other towns to buy your presents this year. or will you buy them online?

Where will you do your Christmas Shopping this year 12 votes

I will buy my gifts in town
    0% 0 votes
    I will more than likely use the shopping centres in the outskirts of town
    41% 5 votes
    I will go to another town. (state in thread where)
    25% 3 votes
    I will buy my presents online.
    33% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

The Crescent.. or The Parkway.. easier for parking and have everything u need to be honest..
    I know it's bad for the citycentre but I think the council should really address this problem before it gets out of hand. the city centre is dull, it needs a serious boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

You have a point. besides most of the shops that are in town like golden discs and places where you would bu availible out in the shopping centres. I bought alot of my presents last year in the parkway only because they did the 24 hours a day thing in the run up to christmas, but town was handy for last minute things like wropping paper and the like.

The problem with the shopping centres is that the taxi companies jack up their prices in december and it is quite expensive to get a cab to the parkway. The cresent is nice since it was extended, I might try there this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

yeah parkway's nice.. taxi's don't affect me really.. I live about an hours drive!! bit 'spensive!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Ill be heading to Dublin for mine.....

Any maybe the cresent if i forget anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Ill probably do most of my shopping out in the crescent to be honest its a very good shopping center,only problem with it is getting out of the carpark!
    The city center aint so bad i usualy park outside my parents house beside the railway station its only 5 mins into town from there and there is never a traffic warden in sight.
    Parkway is ok its actualy the nearest place to my house its just i find it a bit sparce when it comes to choice,although you can cross the road now to homebase etc.
    Id actualy never consider leaving limerick to do my shopping im all for supporting the local marketplace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,504 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Parking is a bitch everywhere in December. Last December I once drove for 20 minutes around the carpark in the crescent looking for a spot (although thats preferable to trying to find a spot in town!)

The carpark in the parkway is too small too.

I'm going to buy most of my presents online this year, with the exception of a crate of wine for my parents in The Wine Buff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Would the introduction of the 24 hour shopping not be of any use concerning the car parking situation in the shopping centres though.

the thing about online shopping is that your waiting for days for stuff and if it is damaged you have to wait a few more days for a replacement product to arrive. Would want to start online shopping about now i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭moby2101

I head to Dublin over a weekend early in December and just do a blitz and get everything, I've been doing this for the last 5 or more years...
    youve a better choice thats all, Limerick city Centre and the Shopping centres are definitely catching up tho'.
    Apparently theres a new organisation running the Chrimbo lights and stuff this year, so expect a Newer more up to date lighting system as well as other festivities goings on.

Advertisement