Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Tower

Options
  • 16-10-2004 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

Stephen King finally finished the DT series this month! For those of you who don't know it, it tells the tale of Roland, the last gunslinger (a cross between Leone's The Man With No Name and an Arthurian knight) as he treks across the ruins of Mid-World to reach The Dark Tower (which is the center of everything, a bolt around which all universes revolve), picking up three companions from our world's New York on the way. They aren't your average heroes (a heroin addict, an eleven year old boy, and a black civil rights activist with no legs below the knee) but that doesn't really matter, because this isn't your average story, and it's well worth a read, so if you haven't read them, get off the computer, get down to the bookshop, and pick up The Gunslinger (book 1). It's worth it, even if you don't like King's horror stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

just finished this, felt weird to actually approach the end after so long, it's been a thoroughly enjoyable series, I almost feel like starting back at book one again. It's also the only King book(s) i've ever read, even so I'm still not tempted to read any of his usual stuff. The Dark Tower is cetainly unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Does anyone have a handy link to somewhere I can buy all the books as a single set, as I really need to reread the first 4 before moving on to the rest.

Advertisement