Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help need with WinXp/Sage/network issue

• 16-10-2004 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

I'll try and keep this brief. Just completed a network setup in a new store. There all new machines running XP pro. All high spec Fujitsu machines. Cat 5 LAn linking all machines through a 12 port Hub. Broadband DSL Gateway. The point of Sale system is Sage Line 50. There is no server so the backend or main body of Sage is on one of the computers designated as the main PC and Sage is setup on each other PC to pull the data from the main one. Now everything is working perfect. Heres the problem. Each Machine is fitted with a Barcode reader/scanner. A basic handheld unit that scans in the barcode of each product to add it too the invoices when being sold at the counter. The scanner at the main machine zips the code in a flash as it should but the other machines take about two to five seconds to transfer the number onto the screen. You can see it adding each number one by one its that slow. I know it needs to pull this code across the network from the main machine but it shouldnt be that slow. All machines run EZ AV and firewall. I've configured the firewall to allow all local traffic. The network is very fast for everything else so this one has me stumped! I hope Ive made the problem clear enough. I'd appreciate any ideas anybody might have. Mods if this is the wrong forum please feel free to move to a more suitable one.

Comments

Advertisement