Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting connected to Eircom broadband

• 16-10-2004 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi

I ordered eircom broadband about 2 weeks ago, the home starter pack. I for my equipemnt about 3 or 4 days ago and hooked it all up ( self install ), and the DSL activity light is not active on my wireless DSL modem. I know this is because my connection has not been setup at the exchange, and I need it connected fast.

When I ordered broadband I was told it would take 2 weeks to get *everything* setup, and the thing is Im overrunning on a deadline here. You can understand I need it fast. I called eircom about this and they told me they dont plan to have me connected until the 28th !!

Has anyone else here been in my situation ? ( I think maybe a good few of you have ). Is there any way do you think I could talk them into getting me connected sooner ? Have any of you tried this/pulled it off ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭byrnenj

You probably wont get it connected sooner! Your order is in place and will be done according to the schedule they gave you. The starter product is only a residential package.

I was jumpered before my due date. I was told that if an engineer was in my local exchange he would do a bunch of lines at the same time so I could be jumpered sooner than the due date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

thanks byrnej

do they usually **** people over like this when ordering broadband ? no doubt if i got the home plus package id be connected sooner. and that 1530 444 555 number they gave me to ring if i have trouble is *always* engaged.

bunch of pricks if you ask me

My order went through smoothly. I'm on Business Plus, cos i need the extra upload bandwidth.
    But I initally odered the starter package.

The 1530 is a requirement by ComReg I believe! It shouldn't be engaged though. It would just ring out if they are too busy! You may have the 1530 numbers barred on your phone! However I found that the freephone sales number was a lot more economical!!!! After all they did sell it to you and you are checking up on your order! I think you're intitled to call that. Can't remember what it is though!

Things just take time though, i'm affraid. It's the same with Esat and UTV. I guess you can blame the unions for the delay. Eircom engineers are heavily unionised! They only do what they have to cos if they are asked to hurry up the unions will kick up a fuss, threaten strike action and then nothing will get done! Yes I do hate unions! All they do is make the buses and trains stop running, nurses to stop working, and Eircom engineers could too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Would'nt give any buisness to eircom bunch of fools.

Would'nt give any buisness to eircom bunch of fools.

Good one! Thanks for your valuable input!

• Advertisement
Advertisement