Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flairs Book

• 16-10-2004 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭

Im probabaly going to be shot for this but i purchased the flair book and to be honest its a damn good read so far, if you ignore the Mcmahon HHH arse kissing and read the rest theres some great stories about the old timers like dick the bruiser ricky morton steamboat and harley race

Id recommend it for a good look at the politicking in the wrestling industry, and to be honest i laughed out loud at the Mike Rotunda story

Shin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Need money first and then a place to buy it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I'm a big Bret / Foley fan and believe them when they say Flair is a jack ass in real life.
    But, i've nothing but respect for someone that's been in the bussiness as long as him and i love his on screen character, so i'd give it a read for the funny stories.

Generally, i've found it difficult to pick up any wrestler'sbooks in Dublin shops , can you recommend where to look , or is buying over the net the only real option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

well unless you ask the bookshops to order it for you there isnt much hope of getting them getting it into stock

I was lucky i got the last copy of it in the Bookcentre in waterford but I havent seen it since

Shin

what was it he said about Bret and Foley ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

havent seen flairs book yet (then again havent looked in ages) but easons carry a good few wrestling books. In my local one (blanchardstown) ive seen both foleys, rocks, hogans, kurt angles and freddy blassie's books there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭cannonballkid

i got flairs book and tought it was a great read not as good as foleys books but good read none the else even if u dont like the man . me personally was always and always will be a fan of his until i die. So my advise get his book and read . And the comments about Foley and Bret everyone has there own views on these two good or bad Flairs views were just more public and coming from another wrestler were taken more personally. Bret Hart is was and will always be one of the best wrestlers of all time Mick Foley is one of the best Entertainers of all time (my second fav wretler of all time).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bob sexington

flairs book is the best since foleys. hogan and chyna's were crap, and by the looks of angles, he's his own biggest mark.
    flair gives some very interesting info on eric bischoff,(sounds like a right tool backstage), but the bret and foley comments were out of order. bret was always a steady draw, never huge , but steady, and always a bigger draw than cocksucker hbk.the foley comments were out of order too, pro stuntman my ass, he had the psychology off 2 a tee, and had some great ,matches with hbk, bret, owen and sting

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Just starting to read it myself,Should be a good read alright although I disagree with Bobs comments about HBK being a cocksucker do you have no respect for the man!

well jesus, if that is your real name (keith corrigan), you know i have no respect for him, you know me personally for over 10 years, and you were thewre in the point when i flipped him off to his face and had to be dragged away caus i was abusing him to much, and if you watch mania 20, you can c me in 5 th row abusing him 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

well jesus, if that is your real name (keith corrigan), you know i have no respect for him, you know me personally for over 10 years, and you were thewre in the point when i flipped him off to his face and had to be dragged away caus i was abusing him to much, and if you watch mania 20, you can c me in 5 th row abusing him 2

still hung up on survivor series.........

• Advertisement

Its been seven years(Daniel hogan)and you still cant get over it hey at least HBK is still in the federation WHERE IS BRET HEY!!!!!!!! ;)

jesusjones wrote:
    Its been seven years(Daniel hogan)and you still cant get over it hey at least HBK is still in the federation WHERE IS BRET HEY!!!!!!!! ;)

I can't believe the Montreal screw job has come up again but i suppose we are in Ireland and we're always behind the times, as far as WWE goes anyway.
    I'm a huge Bret fan, have been since he attacked Bad News Brown at WM4, and i'm well over SS'97, but if i was Bret i would'nt be.
    As for HBK, i've all the respect in the world for him , as an athlete.He's been incredable through the years ansd a great character , and i gave him a standing ovation at the point in May.
    As a person, i think he was spineless then to play his part Vince's plan, and nowadays he just another HHH ass kisser like Flair.
    As for why Bret never came back ( yet ) , i like to think it's because he has integrity but i fell it may be because Vinc eca'nt put together a suitable storyline. I'm sure he is willing to let Bret get his revenge on air but i do'nt think Micheals would aggree to it. And he has the golden son in law to back him up.

id say theres a preety good chance the hitman could be put into the hall of fame this year, will he accept, who knows, hopefully, and jesus, keep it shut.remember, michaels is 39, bret is 47, thats the reason hes not in wwe right now.plus some clumsy bastard kicked him as hard as he could in 99 in the head, so he's retired.and if one more person says get over it, ill f'n kill them.i hate hbk, and yea, monteal has a big part to play in it, but theres other reasons too.
    -hbk ruining the main event of mania, caus he wouldnt lose to bret(who wont do business now mofo.
    -hbk claiming that "unless its for a hot sexy momma, hbk dont lay down for anybody.
    -hbk giving up the ic belt in 93 caus he wanted to go to wcw.
    -hbk leaving raw in 97 caus of an arguement with bret, and showing up backstage in wcw.
    -hbk claiming that bret had an affair with sunny on live tv.

i hate the man, and have brets symbol tattoo'd on my leg, so as a hitman
    extremist, i say to one and all, hbk can go and play hide and go **** yourself, oh and i cant leave without mentioning the losing his smile bit, that was classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey a Ric Flair thread has turned into a Montreal debate just
    the way you like it Bob.Anything that we debate amongst ourselves and our
    friends always somehow turns into a debate about the screwjob which is sickening I mean the world did not end and also It was no great tragedy
    until Owen died of course.

A few facts for the sake of it.

-Hey feel free to join us in 2004,I know the 7th anniversary is coming up and I am sure we will be drinking to drown your sorrows but hey I might buy a Hbk shirt(Like all our friends did at the Point show this year)to Honour the great man Himself.

-Bret Screwed Bret Not Hbk nor Vince

-Bret Hart is doing Aladdin now Hbk has made one of the greatest wrestling comebacks in recent memory.

-Unless Bret ever comes back HBK will be remembered more as a legend than Bret ever was

There is your facts and If you dont like them then read Chynas book and subject yourself to hell

jesusjones wrote:
    Hey a Ric Flair thread has turned into a Montreal debate just
    the way you like it Bob.Anything that we debate amongst ourselves and our
    friends always somehow turns into a debate about the screwjob which is sickening I mean the world did not end and also It was no great tragedy
    until Owen died of course.

A few facts for the sake of it.

-Hey feel free to join us in 2004,I know the 7th anniversary is coming up and I am sure we will be drinking to drown your sorrows but hey I might buy a Hbk shirt(Like all our friends did at the Point show this year)to Honour the great man Himself.

-Bret Hart is doing Aladdin now Hbk has made one of the greatest wrestling comebacks in recent memory.

-Unless Bret ever comes back HBK will be remembered more as a legend than Bret ever was

There is your facts and If you dont like them then read Chynas book and subject yourself to hell

JJ, you are right in saying that still talking about Montreal seven years on a bit obsessive, and Bret appearing in a panto is serious cringe material.
    But just because you don't seem to like Bret very much, doesn’t mean you need to distort the facts.

Vince had every right as an employer to let Bret go, even after nearly 20 years, but the way he done it was obviously to try and destroy the Hitman character, not because of a personal problem with Bret, but just so WCW wouldn’t get stronger by having another of Vince's stars on board with a reputation they earned while in WWE.
    Basically, as usual, Vince put business before anything else, like a 20 year friendship.
    And quoting his little "Bret screwed Bret" speech from the time doesn’t change the facts, everyone knows the truth.

And also, for the record, I think HBK is a legend, as a performer.
    But if he carried on for another 20 years, he still wouldn’t be a bigger legend than Bret, I would say they are pretty equal in that respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Sorry but thats just not true, i won't say that Bret was totally innocent in this, his ego and dislike for Shawn played a large part in the screwjob ( not criticising him, he/or any pro wrestler wouldn't have been where he was without a healthy ego), but at the end of the day Vince broke with the terms of Brets contract which gave him creative control for his last couple of months of his stay, so in reality Vince screwed bret, Shawn helped (and due to the personal differences was probably happy to), Earl Hebner helped too but at the end of the day Vince called the shots and Vince screwed Bret.

Sorry but thats just not true, i won't say that Bret was totally innocent in this, his ego and dislike for Shawn played a large part in the screwjob ( not criticising him, he/or any pro wrestler wouldn't have been where he was without a healthy ego), but at the end of the day Vince broke with the terms of Brets contract which gave him creative control for his last couple of months of his stay, so in reality Vince screwed bret, Shawn helped (and due to the personal differences was probably happy to), Earl Hebner helped too but at the end of the day Vince called the shots and Vince screwed Bret.

Well put

Ah **** it I will tell you the truth,

The only reason that I started criticising Bret was to get on Bobs nerves
    What I really think?

Vince ran scared and wanted to take the belt off Bret as soon as possible
    even though Bret would not have legally been allowed to show up on
    Nitro the next night.I love Bret as a performer,one of the top five the wrestling business has ever seen but if there is a criticism I have of the man
    he cant take things too well when things go against him.Vince screwed Bret alright no doubt and Shawn with the attitude he had the time loved sticking it to Bret and I would say had a big grin on his face by taking part in the screwjob.

What I have a problem is Bobs insistence of dragging up the past when Shawn is a changed man.I dont really like HBK that much either but hey he did prove he was still one of the best by making the comebacks of all comebacks.I hope bret comes back and Kicks both Shawns and Vinces ass and put an end to Montreal once and for all.

the truth has come out at last, yea, he's made a good comeback and he's put randy orton over, but so what.
    a loepard never changes his spots, and he's still partial to the odd temper tantrum backstage

the truth has come out at last, yea, he's made a good comeback and he's put randy orton over, but so what.
    a loepard never changes his spots, and he's still partial to the odd temper tantrum backstage

I also think he's too pally with HHH and plays that to his advantage backstage, exactly the way Hunter did in the mid 90's by sucking up to Shawn.

All said and done Bob, Jesus has admitted the truth about Montreal , so lets just say Both HBK and the Hitman are future hall of famers and leave it at that , put this thread to bed.

After all, Slick Rick would'nt be impressed with us turning a thread of his book into a Montreal debate.

• Advertisement

i agree, but could care less aboot ric.i met the man out side the hilton
    on monday after mania, and he refused to be in photos with me and my mates, i found him quite rude, considering i called steve austin when he was walking away, and he turned and nearly knocked an usher flying to come over to me.just got a quick hello, and then some wwe publicist told me i couldnt
    take my own pic with austin, and austin was quite pissed off with him, but said to me "what can i do".

Advertisement