Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the poster in the Shawshank Redemption?

• 16-10-2004 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Can anyone tell me what poster andy uses to cover up the hole in his cell in the Shawshank Redemption? The one of the woman dressed in rag kinda things?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

Didn't the poster change over the years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Raquel Welsh wasn't it?

Edit:

Yes indeed it was, and the film was One Million Years BC.

I deserve a cookie for that I think. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Yes actually he had both of them up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

he needed bigger ones to cover his escape route.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

irishgeo wrote:
    he needed bigger ones to cover his escape route.

Well no actually,
    Red got him the second poster of Raquel Welch as a welcome back present after he spent time in the hole.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Anyone remember it in Duke Nukem ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The most known goof in that film is of course:

How did Andy get the poster back up on the wall after he had crawled into the tunnel to escape??

This is pretty close (but don't think it's the exact same!) to the poster on the wall:

c5U236c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Cabaal wrote:
    Well no actually,
    Red got him the second poster of Raquel Welch as a welcome back present after he spent time in the hole.

I stand corrected.

He didn't need to get the poster back up on the wall as he never took it down.When it shows digging out the wall he is standing with his head under the poster. It was stuck to the wall at the top so in order to escape all he has to do is lift it up climb in to his tunnel and and the poster would fall back against the wall again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

spot on irishgeo!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Anyone remember it in Duke Nukem ?

Yep, I think it was on that level that ends with Duke getting into a submarine.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

irishgeo wrote:
    When it shows digging out the wall he is standing with his head under the poster. It was stuck to the wall at the top so in order to escape all he has to do is lift it up climb in to his tunnel and and the poster would fall back against the wall again.

Spot on indeed, was just going to explain that but saw your post :D
    The film covers explained it all very easily,

My only complaint is when it came out on DVD, when the opening menu comes on the screen for the DVD it gives away the ending of the whole film, wtf like???
    anyone else know what I mean or do I need to provide screens shots ;)

Other then that its one of the best films of all time and is in my top 2,

Advertisement