Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

return policy (3G store?)

• 16-10-2004 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

i just got a phone(today),
    came home, opened (didnt register etc)
    dad got me one - told me after i opened this.

is it possible to return ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭byrnenj

probably...i think it's within your consumer rights....why don't you ring them and ask?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

i'd say u would have to have a good reason if they were to accept the return i doubt u could say something like i dont want this phone can i have my money back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

the phone and all packaging have to be in perfect condition before they can take it back (so they'll be able to sell the fone again)

What phone is it? Which network?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

bring back ur dads unopened one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There is no legal obligation on them to take it back or give you your money.

**If** they have a "no quibble" money back guarantee they might give you your money back assuming the phone is in re-saleable condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

its a sony t230, all packaging is there, except for maybe the batterys plastic cover.

its a toss of a phone id use it but its slow and crappy. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Wasn't there that "know your rights" ad campaign a year or so ago that said anywhere that doesn't offer refunds is denying you your consumer rights?

Although if they do legally have to give refunds I'm sure they have loopholes to stop from refunding you. Like saying that the box needs to be unopened or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

SteveD wrote:
    Wasn't there that "know your rights" ad campaign a year or so ago that said anywhere that doesn't offer refunds is denying you your consumer rights?
    I seriously doubt that. If the product doesn't work and they can't give you one that will, then fair enough, but I can't think of any other example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It's entirely at the shops discretion whether they take it back or not, and then whether they give you a refund/credit note etc. Once you buy something it's yours and you dont have a right to just change your mind and decide you want your money back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Did a salesman push that phone at you?

Just go back and say that it didn't live up to your expectations.

I believe 3G do have a returns policy if you aren't happy with your phone. I payed €800 for a phone there earlier in the year, so wanted to make sure I was happy with that.

Returns policies are usually printed on the reciept.

If it's an o2 phone and the store doesn't take it back. Let me know. I might take it off your hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

SteveD wrote:
    What they were trying to get at was that in the event of you buying something not of merchantable quality you don't have to accept a credit note in place of a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Okie Doke. Just I remember a guy pointing to a no refunds sign and someone saying thats denying you your consumers rights.

Excuse my ignorance... I'm gonna go crawl up in the corner now :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

A no refunds sign IS illegal. However, the shop only have to give a refund if the product is faulty or not of merchantable quality.

http://www.ecic.ie/consumer/goods_services/gs_1.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Cute_Button

Sleepy's right- if there isn't a problem with the phone, they are under no obligation to refund you your money. Before you go in all guns blazing advise you gently ask one of them politely as possible if they will do, and explain the situation to them. They may do it (or may give you a credit note), you never know.

J

Advertisement