Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange ram?

Options
  • 16-10-2004 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

I was looking at the specs of my ram today, on the box. and it says that it runs at 400mhz, yet in the bios, the max it runs at is 200?, I updated my bios to 1.4. as 1.0 had a problem with not being able to bring up the speed of the ram past 200 in dimm 2 and 3, This issue was resolved in the 1.1 bios, surely it would be included in 1.4? or am i crazy. Im using a msi neo platinum edition motherboard, thanks a million , Oh yea, the ram is corsair value ram off komplett :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

It's DDR which stands for Double Data Rate meaning the clock rate of the RAM is 200Mhz but for every clock tick two bits of information can be moved. Normally information can be moved on the falling or rising clock edge but in DDR you can move it on both! Therefore it's effectively 400Mhz date transfer but at 200Mhz clock speed. OK? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Strange ram?

i though you were refferring to....

ud-16ill.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Hanginthere

LMAO!

*and thanks offlercrocgod*

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Strange ram?

i though you were refferring to....

ud-16ill.png