Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to make the typing cursor wider? *pics inside*

• 16-10-2004 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

hey! how to to make my typing curson wider? I tried searching the options but couldn't find a way to widen it!

here's a standard windows cursor
    sa4.jpg

here's a wide cursor! how to do it?
    sacopy.jpg

One guy I know has it, but doesn't remember how he did it! he has winxp pro! me too!

and no, it's not cursor for mouse! I could change the cursor fine from mouse properties, but this is different! this is a pointer when you are typing something

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Looks like he has overtype on (press the "insert" button to see it in action). Depending on circumstance this may be a good thing or bad thing. I tend to see it as a bad thing from my POV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

nope! doesn't work! when I click insert the cursor stays the same, it just overtypes!

does, it work on your pc?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Windows XP? (This was the very first result for a Google search for "cursor width" by the way.)

adam

YES!

Thank You!!!

That's it!

damn, I was googling for, "how to make typing cursor wider"

Have to learn how to google properly :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm not into book learnin' meself but there's loads of 'em out there with tips and tricks for Googling. Which, rather amusingly, you can find with Google. Somebody sent me the first one off my wish list, it seemed to be pretty good at the time (O'Reilly books usually are). Nice crapper reading. :)

adam

• Advertisement

Thanks dahamsta!

Advertisement