Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could you wear these on grass?

• 16-10-2004 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

Ive a pair of astro turf runners/boots, would they do for playing on grass?
    Thanks

Heres a pic of them

http://tinyurl.com/5nj7s

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

for proper games? no. Any level of moisture would have you on your ass and slow you acceleration. For a kick about I'm sure they'd do. Nice for astro turf though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Can you ice skate ?

If it was dry maybe you could but with damp pitches you be on your ass most of the game.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

not this time of year anyway... if you are playing any type of organised soccer the ref wont allow you to play... mouldies or blades are the way to go if you dont want a traditional studded boot...

as the previous posters have said they are perfect for astroturf or really hard surfaces.... not for grass...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Blades would be useless for wet weather too. Studs are the only ones that will work in this weather. For astro turf, blades are brilliant.

ive never had any bother with blades in wet weather....

i haven't had a pair of studded boots in about 6 years...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Really? Man I kept slipping in them. I thought it was just my appalling balance but then I remembered Christiano Ronaldo had to change them during a match at the beginning of the season cos it was too wet for them and he was slipping all over the place. That made me feel better...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

ive never had any bother with blades in wet weather....

i haven't had a pair of studded boots in about 6 years...
    I've a pair of umbro blades, dont really have many problems with them in wet weather.. though you do get the odd slippage.

I'm looking to get a new pair of boots soon tho, probably gonna go studded or moulded studs..

i've had a pair of adidas predators for about 5 years.... still going strong....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Got a pair of R9s in new york last year very comfy have a weird blade type thing on the bottom , very good tho.

Stupidly expensive over here , but if you can afford them try them out can get decent smack off the ball with them.

/me likes to be able to feel the ball none of this fancy padded boot for me :)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I have a similiar pair of well..........runners , but even if I was allowed to were them on matches I certainly wouldn't .Proper boots feel much different to the runner , and I wear my proper boots on astro turf instead of the runner .
    Infact it only feels right wearing those yokes on hard ground (tarmac) or basketball court (indoor) type flooring .

• Advertisement
Advertisement