Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GOTTEN HIMMEL! BBC has stopped showing Diagnosis Murder!

• 05-04-2001 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭

This is truly a black day for television. The show is still being made and shown on US television but BBC has seen fit to cancel broadcasts in favour of BERGERAC!!!

WTF!?

Does anyone else love this show as much as I do? We need to start a petition immediately!

"I collect spores, moulds and fungus."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Damn, the minutes before i go to work will never be the same. So long Diagnosis Murder, we hardly knew ya...

oh, wait, i hated that show. Bergerac on the other hand

Damn it Jim, im a doctor, not a Beefy King !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

They're always alternating that 2.10 slot on BBC, series of one show then move on to another. My favourite so far has been Quincy this time last year, I watched almost the whole series while laid up with a broken leg, was very put out when I switched on one day to find Lovejoy, it's aweful. Diagnosis murder and Quincy have been the best I think, Bergrac is so-so, just be grateful it's not Lovejoy, any of the others make pretty good "just woken up and still in bed" tv smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

thing is it will be back (btw i hate it) the bbc s 2-3 oclock afternoon slot is in sequence it will go from:
    Diagnosis murder-bergerac-columbo-ironside-petrocelli-then back to diagnosis murder its been like this for years now and it will never change
    why do u like it anyway? it has the same plot every day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

Sniff......sob......I shall miss that crazy, zany, roller skating, hip, crime solving medical practicioner. What ever shall we do....I know lets what inbreeds on Guernsy kill each other then go to jail wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

i mean, no one can touch the coolness of quincy - with his broad NOO YOIK accent and his amazing ability to repeat everything Sam said while scoring this hot chick. Ok, so Dick and Barry van Dyke didn't have the sophistication of Quincy but Dr. Sloan really won a place in my weekday afternoons, and my heart.

Until they cancelled it, there were two and a half series to go (each with 19 episodes) so here's hoping they'll being it back.

If they stuck it on prime-time, i'd kill myself, but they're not gonna do that smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Bergerac!!! ahahhahahahahaahhaahha.

Get some jobs you lazy fu<kers. smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Columbus, now that was a great show!

"oh, just one more question...my wifes a big fan you know and she was wondering..."

classic stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LittleFigment:
    Columbus, now that was a great show!

"oh, just one more question...my wifes a big fan you know and she was wondering..."
    </font>

Yeah! Wasn't he that Portuguese sailor with the glass eye who discovered America?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

look im tellin u itll be back in 6-8 months oh yea and quincy fits in after columbo in that cycle
    btw which do u think ws worse:the episode where columbo catches lenoard nimoy or the one where he catches william shatner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Quincy will always be the best in day time television for me smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭metalchicken

Diagnosis Murder is one of those wonderful programmes (like the aforementioned Quincy) that I never get tired of watching, but thats only because Scott Baio was in it.

Everybody loves that man smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Quincy for me,
    ITV recently reshowed Minder in the same slot
    pure class,its amazing how close the humour is to fools and horses but because itv are not the recyling hacks that bbc are it will never get the same following as del boy and co have deservedly got.
    <sigh>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I'm with Castor on this one. Get jobs for chrissake! smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭myhandle

Originally posted by Mills
    Quincy will always be the best in day time television for me smile.gif

Finally someone else who watches Quincy ME (1976 - 1983)
    If only it started up again, even on the Saturday slot, in place of Cagney & Lacey (which is such tripe TV3 show it every day).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

he, he, he .... bringing back an old thread to life.

I miss Diagnosis Murder! :(
    Twas on up until the beginning of this yea, was so good to watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

does anyone show Murder She Wrote anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

just so long as they don't get rid of neighbours :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    does anyone show Murder She Wrote anymore
    No listings via Digiguide (so I'll guess "no")

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

not one but two, jesus cop on :)

oldposts.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i found Murder She Wrote today on Granada Plus

• Advertisement
Advertisement