Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beepers and Looping

Options
  • 16-10-2004 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi all, im currently doing some expermenting with my new found java skills!yippie! anyway i am just wondering if its possible to change the colour of the beeper in robot word ive tried and few things to get it to do this but i have had no luck...any ideas?

also is it possbile to get my robot world to automatically start going through its commands again and again as in loop the program?

thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

:rolleyes: Care to tell us what you've tried? We might be able to help you solve a mistake you've made...
    is it possible

Most likely, again what have you tried to get it to do this?

EDIT: It also helps if you tell us what you might be talking about. Java has nothing like this by default, so I assume its this you're refering to?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

I assume you're doing CA in DCU. You'd probably be better off using the CA forums because most people here won't have a clue what Robot World is.

To loop the program just put all of the commands inside a while loop eg

// create world/robots/beepers here
    while(true)
    {
    // movement/etc. commands here

}

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Ah, so posting homework questions... tut, tut, tut...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭napalm@night

lol thankfully it aint homework this time more of a nerdy intrest(at least thats my story and im stickn to it;) )thanks for the help :D

Advertisement