Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Forwarding Issues with Zyxel 600 Modem

Options
  • 16-10-2004 7:02pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right basically I'm setting up port forwarding for a friend on the above mentioned router and I'm having very little luck, Azureus will not connect correctly most of the time and Kazaa Lite will not connect at all

Im going into Adavnced Setup > NAT> SUA Only (edit details)
    and adding the rules
    Start: 6881
    End: 6999
    IP of PC in question

&

Start: 1214
    End: 1214
    IP of PC in question

Now as I said Bittorrent will sometimes jump in speed but mostly there not running very fast and Kazaa will not connect at all, I have almost the same rules setup on a Netgear DG834G and everything works fine (I don't use Kazaa myself so don't have any rules for it)

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved to Nets/Comms.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Bump..
    Anyone have any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

Hi Cabaal, it's just an idea out of nowhere but I heard that some peer-to-peer will not always use specific port but sometimes uses Random ports so even if the port forwarding is properly setup, it's still doesn't work. Can you check in the options of Azureus that the Random port is not in use.

Advertisement