Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halloween costumes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

My friend wants to dress up as a bowl of porridge. You could dress all in purple and be the colour purple for Halloween.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

wouldn't mind a hannibal lecter one, but once you take the mask off you've really got nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There is a place in Swords that claims to be Europes bigest costume warehouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

The best halloween costume has to be just a pair of y-fronts... nothing else..

when you are asked what you came as... your reply "i came as a premature ejaculation.... i just came in my pants"

courtesy of very_bored....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Hellboy's Cat

Here is another site with a good Hulk mask:
    http://nawtythings.com/halloween/costume_hulk.html

QUOTE]

The Hulk Infant costume is the scariest. Where did they find such a gruesome mask?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭dictatorcat

I think theres a place where you can hire costumes on the street behind the store shop beside st. stephens green shopping centre (between cafe moca and peters pub). Will have more details later in the week as i have go shopping for a costume too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Mezon

Pimp Suits A bit late to order now but here's my costume for next year :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

you could always go as a mushroom cloud...
    mushroom.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

My friend wants to dress up as a bowl of porridge. You could dress all in purple and be the colour purple for Halloween.

Purple's a fruit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

I'm going as the Devil.

And the place near St Stephans Green is awful the costumes are felt uslaly and its way over the mark on price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

There is a good place behind central bank, I think, opposite comet records!

Don't know if it's still there, but they sold manky 70's clobber, one shirt looked like it was green and someone ralphed cornflakes all over it! It was fantastic for 70's nights. Lots of mustard cord coats and bell bottom pantaloons!

Terrific!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

anyone have any ideas of dressing up on the cheap?
    not everyone can afford to rent.. or buy..

surely there's something u can do that's cheap but effective.. need my creative cap.. just can't seem to find it .. . :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

a mate of mine dressed up as a priest one year but made it more interesting, he bought a priest costume on the net, with a full size plastic boy attched to the front in compromising "talking into the mic" position.

needless to say, we all thought it was hilarious, but he didnt go down to well at his girlfriends fancy dress birthday party. the folks werent impressed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Cork_girl wrote:

surely there's something u can do that's cheap but effective.. need my creative cap.. just can't seem to find it .. . :mad:

Felt and dressmakers glue are your best bets. The best costumes are the ones that are made not the ones bought.

Temple bar is the mecca for halloween costumes. Try on the street Cafe Irie is on, lots of second hand clothes shops. Also on Drury street, if you can find them amongst the sex shops ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Cork_girl wrote:

Cover cardboard boxes with tinfoil, wear them on your body and go as a crazed robot from outer space. Put a bike light on your head for extra 'techno' effect.

'c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

thanks! suppose best thing to do is browse.. think I could be a female Brandon Lee for the nite.. what u think!? hmm..
    oh thanks 'ceptor!! hmm.. think I might be bit bulky in the taxi.. wonder would I be charged extra!? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭In_Diana_Jones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 dach

>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Rolf :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

There is a good place behind central bank, I think, opposite comet records!

Don't know if it's still there, but they sold manky 70's clobber, one shirt looked like it was green and someone ralphed cornflakes all over it! It was fantastic for 70's nights. Lots of mustard cord coats and bell bottom pantaloons!

Terrific!!

Is it the Eager Beaver? Man that shop is so cool! Pimpalicious!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 flygirl

Victor wrote:

Anyone have any more information on that place in Swords?
    God if only I'd planned this weeks earlier there are millions of sites I could have bought from...6 to 8 weeks for shipping means I'd hardly have it for Christmas....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

As long as you don't have dignity, you can make your own suit like this guy

www.ibiblio.org/jmaynard/TRONcostume/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Dressed up as The Last Australian War Journalist In Saigon last year.

Don't ask...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

jomanji wrote:
    As long as you don't have dignity, you can make your own suit like this guy

www.ibiblio.org/jmaynard/TRONcostume/

portrait.jpg

Ha ha ha ha ha ... for f*ck sake....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

Victor wrote:

If anyone can help I really need to find out where that is?....please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Miss Mann

NotMe wrote:
    portrait.jpg

Ha ha ha ha ha ... for f*ck sake....
    A man with a vagina? :eek:

xx

Advertisement