Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man U V Arsenal. The Mindgames Begin.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The Liverpool one and Stargate Atlantis, flicked over to the united one and didn't think much of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

PHB wrote:
    What the **** match were you watching tonight(smemon)

Rooney was ****, Van Nist was excellent.

The only chances united got were either van nist's doing or making.

The chances he made for other people if given to him would have been goals.

Rooney spent the entire game as a spoilt child, taking on shots that he might score one in a hundred times instead of distributing it out to the sides.

Hes good, hopefully he will be great, but at this point both Saha and Smith are better than him, and hopefully it will be a Ruud Saha or Ruud Smith line up.
    Whatever game he was watching I was also watching. Ruud was poor. Rooney was ok. Not great, but not **** either. As for dropping Ruud, that's most certainly not the answer. No matter how badly he plays he's still the best goalscorer at the club. Rmember the game against Lyon? Brutal for 88 minutes of the game, in the other 2 he got two goals!!
    But, PHB if you watch last night again, yes you'll see Rooney at times making poor choices - trying to shoot from too far out on a couple of occasions. At other times too I thought he was trying to play Ruud in too quickly, when the better option may have been to lay it off to Giggs/Miller etc. But he was the one linking our play again. Scholes wasn't doing that from midfield. Rooney was taking the ball, making space and laying it off. He was far better on the night than Ruud. And if you're looking at missed chances, what about the one Ruud missed from 8 yds out when the ball rebounded into his path from a Giggs shot? Regardless of what ppl want, it will be Rooney and Ruud up front on Sunday, injuries apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

smemon wrote:
    true but i dont think arsenal will be in for an easy ride with rooney, van nistelrooy, smith and saha all possibly up against them at some stage.

Birmingham and Sparta Prague seemed to do okay. And it's good to see a United supporter ready to decide on whether or not an 18 year old was worth £27 million after four games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Whatever game he was watching I was also watching. Ruud was poor. Rooney was ok. Not great, but not **** either. As for dropping Ruud, that's most certainly not the answer. No matter how badly he plays he's still the best goalscorer at the club. Rmember the game against Lyon? Brutal for 88 minutes of the game, in the other 2 he got two goals!!

Rooney was sh1t last night. He kept making the wrong decision when it came to releasing the ball, weight of pass or whether to pass or shoot. But I suppose everybody is entitled to an off day.

B.

BaZmO* wrote:
    Rooney was sh1t last night. He kept making the wrong decision when it came to releasing the ball, weight of pass or whether to pass or shoot. But I suppose everybody is entitled to an off day.

B.
    I really don't think he was sh!t. He wasn't great. He was ok. Admittedly he made the wrong decision on many occasions, but at the same time when our chances came he was inevitably involved in the move at one stage or other. What I was saying is that Ruud was not better than Rooney on the night, and I certainly stand by that!

What I was saying is that Ruud was not better than Rooney on the night, and I certainly stand by that!

And I young sir, wholeheartedly disagree!!

smemon wrote:
    despite rooneys dream debut, this match will make or break him for me.
    And I'm sorry smemon but this has to go into one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever seen. So this match would break him? So Rooney goes out, plays awful, giving away a blatant match winning penalty and missing 3 open goals. So to you this match has broken him.

However, he then subsequently goes out and scores twice in every match - be it league/CL - that he plays for the rest of the season. But after 5 games, according to you "this match has broken him" so he's not a success? Give the guy a chance! He's barely got his match fitness, is playing in a team that isn't doing well, a new system, new players around him, living in a new area, with a new manager, new training...and you want to brand him after 5 games?! Priceless.

BaZmO* wrote:
    And I young sir, wholeheartedly disagree!!
    Fair enough! Tis all about opinions. Whatever about who was better on the day, I think for now we should stick with Ruud and Rooney. We need to give them time to gel as a partnership. Though poor old Smithy has to be feeling sorry for himself, hasn't done a thing wrong. Played well, scored goals and been totally committed.

And I'm sorry smemon but this has to go into one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever seen

Welcome to the kwayzee dillusional world that is Planet Smemon!!

I think the oxygen levels are quite low on his planet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

And I'm sorry smemon but this has to go into one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever seen.

Sorry Smemon but I,m withe dirky on this one. The guy is only 18 and starting out on his United Career. There will be plenty of time for Rooney to prove himself and fulfill his potentia.

Am I the inly United supporter here really worried that Arsenal are going to tear us apart Sunday. The last few games we have been brutal in midfield and If we play like that Sunday We will get stuffed. I hope Keano is back and can put in a vintage performance. If not we will be in trouble.

The Muppet wrote:
    Am I the inly United supporter here really worried that Arsenal are going to tear us apart Sunday.

No. I'm also worried that they'll be beaten by the Arsenal, but if they are beaten it won't be by many goals. And vice versa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

gandalf wrote:
    Hmmm I really love . . Henry . . :D

I know, but do you not think you're taking this a little too far though !! ;)

I really hope that after the game we're talking about some great goals and even better football instead of rows and squabbles. If anything though I suspect the topic of conversation will be the ref . . Mr Rielly !

As for the result . . I'm hoping for the best - a United victory - but I think the gunners will reach their target of 50+ undefeated to be honest. There hasn't been anything in reserve from united for a while. It used to be the case that they could come back from 1-0 down (CL '99) or even 3-0 (Spurs) but I just don't see it in them lately.

Please prove me wrong !!!

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Nemici

ZENER wrote:

I really hope that after the game we're talking about some great goals and even better football instead of rows and squabbles. If anything though I suspect the topic of conversation will be the ref . . Mr Rielly !

ZEN

i agree with Zener, great goals, great football and less crazy claims from ultra (misguided) fans.

lets hope reilly is completely anonymous and there is only 3 sendings off and 6 yellow cards.

real shame keown is not around anymore..............

ZENER wrote:
    I know, but do you not think you're taking this a little too far though !! ;)

ZEN

Alas I Fear Mr Reilly was a fair weather Man U fan. If I remember correctly The last time he reffed an Arsenal match he made some controversial decisions in their favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

BaZmO* wrote:
    Welcome to the kwayzee dillusional world that is Planet Smemon!!

I think the oxygen levels are quite low on his planet.

There's oxygen on his planet ? :confused: .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭moby2101

The Muppet wrote:
    Alas I Fear Mr Reilly was a fair weather Man U fan. If I remember correctly The last time he reffed an Arsenal match he made some controversial decisions in their favour.

Isnt Graham Poll reffing this??? I'm quite sure he is
    I searched and came up with a reference on Arseblog entry dated 17 Oct..

http://www.arseblog.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

On a personal level, I think United might win it, well I hope they will. I think our strike force is still very strong, its just a matter of getting a decent supply to it which the aging midfield doesnt seem to be able to do.

On the other hand, Arsenal are playing phenomenal football right now, it pains me to say it of course, but probably the best football the Premier League has ever seen.

United's best chance is that the play really well and the occasion and a bit of cockiness can get to the Frenchies who can be, lets be honest, a bit cocky.

Signed,

A united fan clutching at straws, staring down the barrel of an Arsenal shotgun.

Also, can I add that I hope Henry doesnt score because the way he celebrates is a real pain in the ass.

Draupnir wrote:
    United's best chance is that the play really well .

Im not going to mock you , im just going to leave that there for all to see . :p

I just feel United don't have enough to beat Arsenal , some people here would reckon if United get the first goal Arsenal could crumble , but anyone else remember the Arsenal Middlesbrough game , its almost like they score whenever they want .

note:After everyone was giving out about what way Greece won Euro 2004 do more people not feel obliged to say how great it is a team playing that type of fooball is brushing almost everyone aside .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Am I the inly United supporter here really worried that Arsenal are going to tear us apart Sunday.
    Yes and no. I think Man u will give them a good game cos i think they'll really really e up for it. Rooney imparticular but dont ask me why i feel that way.

That said, this is Arsenal and i am a bit worried :(

This match could get Man u going again or it could end the Premiership season for Man u imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

its make or break!!! i cant believe im say that with only 9 games played but united will be lucky to finish in the top 5 if they keep going the way they are at the moment!!! arsenal are playing some excellent footie, just look at their movement and passing, some of the best football ive seen in years!!! i just hope that united can raise their game a win!!! in these matches form can only play a small part!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

PHB wrote:
    What the **** match were you watching tonight(smemon)

Rooney was ****, Van Nist was excellent.

The only chances united got were either van nist's doing or making.

The chances he made for other people if given to him would have been goals.

Rooney spent the entire game as a spoilt child, taking on shots that he might score one in a hundred times instead of distributing it out to the sides.

Hes good, hopefully he will be great, but at this point both Saha and Smith are better than him, and hopefully it will be a Ruud Saha or Ruud Smith line up.

hang on a second, im not praising rooney at all, i know he was useless last night, so was van nistelrooy. because he got one great cross in across the goal doesnt mean he had a good game.

i agree saha and smith are ahead of rooney at this moment and time but imo, their ahead of van nistelrooy too. seeing players looking at the ref for free kicks is disappointing, the likes on heinze give 110% and get on with it. van nistelrooy could do more imo, he'll need to raise his game on sunday if he's to beat arsenal's defence, he couldnt beat prague's.

i dont mean to single him out as he's a great player but imo he's not pulling his weight at the minute and we have better players, more hungry players on the bench in saha and smith.

van nistelrooy's presence i didnt feel last night up front, with smith or saha you usually do.

moby2101 wrote:
    Isnt Graham Poll reffing this??? I'm quite sure he is
    I searched and came up with a reference on Arseblog entry dated 17 Oct..

http://www.arseblog.com/

id trust skysports more than i would arseblog.....

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,1-1156135,00.html

smemon wrote:
    hang on a second, im not praising rooney at all, i know he was useless last night, so was van nistelrooy. because he got one great cross in across the goal doesnt mean he had a good game.

i agree saha and smith are ahead of rooney at this moment and time but imo, their ahead of van nistelrooy too. seeing players looking at the ref for free kicks is disappointing, the likes on heinze give 110% and get on with it. van nistelrooy could do more imo, he'll need to raise his game on sunday if he's to beat arsenal's defence, he couldnt beat prague's.

i dont mean to single him out as he's a great player but imo he's not pulling his weight at the minute and we have better players, more hungry players on the bench in saha and smith.

van nistelrooy's presence i didnt feel last night up front, with smith or saha you usually do.
    Hang on a second here. Are you claiming Saha and Smith are better than Ruud? That's plainly ridiculous. I'm a big fan of Smith, but he is nowhere near Ruud! Ruud does a hell of a lot for the team, shows for the ball and takes some big hits. Holds it up well too. I'll tell you one thing, if we get just one half chance on Sunday I know the player I want it to fall to and he's Dutch. I really can't believe you're calling for Ruud to be left out! He is our best player bar none. He's had a couple of bad games. God Giggs can get away with mediocrity (being generous) for three years and still people give out when I state he should be dropped. Just because Ruud's levels are so high people are calling for his head after a few relatively poor games. Look at the Lyon game - 2 chances - 2 goals. Ruud is still finding his match fitness after injury, and is probably shattered after basically a years non stop football. I'm sorry but Ruud is God. To doubt him is blasphemy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The reason ruud looks crap is because he doesnt get any chances, hence he is forced to drop deeper to try make it.

There were three times in the game weer Rooney had the ball in an attacking area, each time he shot, and twice he could has distributed it to the wing, and the other time he could have passed to Ruud, instead he shot.
    Ruud would never ever ever be selfish, he is totally in it for the team and always wants to win.

If theres a one on one with the keeper who would you want there?
    If theres a free header in the box who would you want?
    In any attacking situation who would you want there?

The anwser is always Ruud.

They should start with Ruud and Saha, two big strong forwards, or Smith who gives 11100000% in every match.

Rooney is still a kid and is yet to develop, definally isn't good enough to go up againist a high level defence, as you can see by his display againist anyone so far cept Fenerbache.

Also I can't believe people are still picking on Giggs.
    Watch the Brum(i think) game where he wasn't playing.
    There was absolutely no service getting into the box
    Then watch the Sparta Prague game, where Giggs is constantly getting the ball in good situations and knocking it in, or where he ran the entire pitch with a one two on rooney, and rooney overhit the pass.

Anyway, my prediction is a 2-1 win for united

PHB wrote:
    The reason ruud looks crap is because he doesnt get any chances, hence he is forced to drop deeper to try make it.

There were three times in the game weer Rooney had the ball in an attacking area, each time he shot, and twice he could has distributed it to the wing, and the other time he could have passed to Ruud, instead he shot.
    Ruud would never ever ever be selfish, he is totally in it for the team and always wants to win.

If theres a one on one with the keeper who would you want there?
    If theres a free header in the box who would you want?
    In any attacking situation who would you want there?

The anwser is always Ruud.

They should start with Ruud and Saha, two big strong forwards, or Smith who gives 11100000% in every match.

Rooney is still a kid and is yet to develop, definally isn't good enough to go up againist a high level defence, as you can see by his display againist anyone so far cept Fenerbache.

Also I can't believe people are still picking on Giggs.
    Watch the Brum(i think) game where he wasn't playing.
    There was absolutely no service getting into the box
    Then watch the Sparta Prague game, where Giggs is constantly getting the ball in good situations and knocking it in, or where he ran the entire pitch with a one two on rooney, and rooney overhit the pass.

Anyway, my prediction is a 2-1 win for united
    I agree about Ruud. He must start. Always. He's our best.

As for Giggs, he's atrocious. He did a couple of good things the other night, but why wasn't he protecting Heinze? Heinze was giving 100%, yet was being torn apart as he had both Zelenka and Poborsky attacking him, as Giggs was standing with hands on hips on the halfway line for much of the game. As for getting at teams, how often does he really hurt a team? 3 maybe 4 times a year. And when he does he's breathtaking. But he doesn't have the consistency. And his top quality performances are too few and far between

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

As for Giggs, he's atrocious. He did a couple of good things the other night, but why wasn't he protecting Heinze? Heinze was giving 100%, yet was being torn apart as he had both Zelenka and Poborsky attacking him, as Giggs was standing with hands on hips on the halfway line for much of the game. As for getting at teams, how often does he really hurt a team? 3 maybe 4 times a year. And when he does he's breathtaking. But he doesn't have the consistency. And his top quality performances are too few and far between

I got the impression watching the game that Giggs was told to stay in an advanced position as much as he could, perhaps in the belief that this would keep Poborsky that bit deeper and protect Heinze in this way. He would also offer an outlet to the defence when they needed it. Either way, I think the manager has confidence in Heinze to handle himself and to be fair to him it took very good play from Prague to get round him the few times they did.

I live with a United fan and I can see where you've coming from about Giggs, he's definitely been sussed out by the majority of defences at this point, but I also have to agree with PHB, any time he isn't playing the amount of service to the strikers drops off drastically.

smemon wrote:
    id trust skysports more than i would arseblog.....

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,1-1156135,00.html

Aye,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Ruud like any striker has his selfish moments. I dont think Rooney is selfish as such. Just hes so used to scoring wonder goals that he thinks he can do it everytime. He needs to learn when to shoot and when to pass. I believe Fergie etc will do that in time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

I think its going to be very tough to call and probably will be a draw. I think Arsenal are great at playing against weaker teams (as giles said) but when they are battling against something they dont look so hot. Some of their players go missing.

Man Utd dont look like scoring even with all their players. They dont look like they have the bite they used to have but should be well motivated for this game.

Im doing for a 1-1 draw.

Hang on a second here. Are you claiming Saha and Smith are better than Ruud? That's plainly ridiculous. I'm a big fan of Smith, but he is nowhere near Ruud! Ruud does a hell of a lot for the team, shows for the ball and takes some big hits. Holds it up well too. I'll tell you one thing, if we get just one half chance on Sunday I know the player I want it to fall to and he's Dutch. I really can't believe you're calling for Ruud to be left out! He is our best player bar none. He's had a couple of bad games. God Giggs can get away with mediocrity (being generous) for three years and still people give out when I state he should be dropped. Just because Ruud's levels are so high people are calling for his head after a few relatively poor games. Look at the Lyon game - 2 chances - 2 goals. Ruud is still finding his match fitness after injury, and is probably shattered after basically a years non stop football. I'm sorry but Ruud is God. To doubt him is blasphemy.

look, when we have 4 strikers, the whole idea is that when 1 or 2 dont perform we get the others in, otherwise you mayswell sell saha or smith now. (howard, imo better than carrol was dropped after underperforming, why isnt ruud?) 3 players cant compete for one spot without 1 if not all becoming very frustrated over time being such big names. ruud is a god, his record shows that but he needs to be sharper, quicker, more alert and hungry. he's being lazy at the minute looking for free kicks, not getting past players, not winning headers from goal kicks.

no goals in open play this season from ruud, theres a record he cant be proud of. if he's not 100% fit he shouldnt be playing, if he is he should be dropped and made work for his place like evryone else.

• Advertisement

Because even though Ruud is playing ****, he hes still one of the best strikers in the world.

Ruud on a bad day is a billion miles better than most of the strikers in the world, incl Rooney Saha and Smith

PHB wrote:
    Ruud on a bad day is a billion miles better than most of the strikers in the world, incl Rooney Saha and Smith

most of the strikers in the world are amateur's , and Ruud on a bad day is not better than Rooney Saha and Smith , especially as Ruud gives very little to the side other than goals .(some will say he holds up the ball a lot , I say not nearly half enough)

The way the league is going at the moment I would rather Andy Johnsen that Nistelrooy , although the way the league is going Andy Johnsen is among the best strikers :eek: .

smemon wrote:
    look, when we have 4 strikers, the whole idea is that when 1 or 2 dont perform we get the others in, otherwise you mayswell sell saha or smith now. (howard, imo better than carrol was dropped after underperforming, why isnt ruud?) 3 players cant compete for one spot without 1 if not all becoming very frustrated over time being such big names. ruud is a god, his record shows that but he needs to be sharper, quicker, more alert and hungry. he's being lazy at the minute looking for free kicks, not getting past players, not winning headers from goal kicks.

no goals in open play this season from ruud, theres a record he cant be proud of. if he's not 100% fit he shouldnt be playing, if he is he should be dropped and made work for his place like evryone else.
    Well the big difference for me as to why Howard was dropped, is that he was making calamatious mistakes, which were costing us games. The same cannot be said about Ruud. Perhaps he's not playing as well as he could, but are you telling me that if we create one good chance come Sunday - Ruud is not the man you want there? Now I'm a big fan of Smith, and to a lesser extent of Saha. And they both work their socks off. But let us not forgot the last few years, during which Ruud has single handedly lead our line. Saha has been here half a season, and Smith even less. And neither of them are anywhere near as good a finisher as Ruud. He does a hell of a lot of work - he has to come deep all the time to collect the ball as the service is just not there from our midfield. He's the first name on the sheet for me for this weekend, to talk of dropping him is imho ludicrous! But it's all about opinions eh?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Neville and silvestre are the weak links in that back four. arsenal's is far better. as for the ppl sayin arsenal cant preform in europe has nuthin got to with this, this is the PREMIERSHIP and Arsenal are the dominant team in that league. Arsenal to win, cant see united winning at all.

Gangsta wrote:
    Neville and silvestre are the weak links in that back four. arsenal's is far better. as for the ppl sayin arsenal cant preform in europe has nuthin got to with this, this is the PREMIERSHIP and Arsenal are the dominant team in that league. Arsenal to win, cant see united winning at all.
    I disagree that Arsenal have a stronger back four. Our back four hasn't been playing well this season, yet we've conceded less than Arsenal. Doesn't add up now does it?

going to stick me neck out here
    Arsenal 2 Utd 1

Pires and Reyes to score after Giggs opens the scoring for Utd.

C'mon U GUNNERS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Well Ruud lately or so far this season has been in terrible form!So to say on a bad day he is better than most strikers is way off the mark!I dont know Sir Alex doesnt rest him!I mean isnt that the reason with having 4 strikers!Play the 2 who are in form!And at the moment, id have the other three over Ruud in the form he's in!He is a great striker, just hitting a real bad patch!....something tells me he'd strive the get better having to fight for his place and not being virtually gauranteed one every game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Leaving the house now for the airport to go to the match.

I predict a 2-0 win for United, rooney to score the first and Van nistlerooy to score the second in the last 10-15 minutes as Aresnal chase the game.

Go on the Devils!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Paddy Power has Utd at 6-4, the draw at 11-5 and Arsenal at 7-4.

Allegedly Heinze has promised to do everything in his power to stop the Arsenal hordes.
    /me puts 3 on Heinze for first booking at 20-1

• Advertisement

Well the big difference for me as to why Howard was dropped, is that he was making calamatious mistakes, which were costing us games. The same cannot be said about Ruud. Perhaps he's not playing as well as he could, but are you telling me that if we create one good chance come Sunday - Ruud is not the man you want there? Now I'm a big fan of Smith, and to a lesser extent of Saha. And they both work their socks off. But let us not forgot the last few years, during which Ruud has single handedly lead our line. Saha has been here half a season, and Smith even less. And neither of them are anywhere near as good a finisher as Ruud. He does a hell of a lot of work - he has to come deep all the time to collect the ball as the service is just not there from our midfield. He's the first name on the sheet for me for this weekend, to talk of dropping him is imho ludicrous! But it's all about opinions eh?!

yeah i agree its a brave man that drops him because of his past record but i dont think its fair on smith that he's been on the bench so much after a brilliant start, were HE led our attacking line, and with passion and style may i add.
    finishing is what he is best at and yes if a chance fell to anyone inside the box id want him to be there but what about outside the box, hassling defenders to play the ball putting pressure on them, ruud doesnt do that.

against arsenal we need to have the ball, we all know what they'll do if arsenal have possesion. smith is the 1st line of defence when he plays, van nistelrooy doesnt add to the side in that department so when he's off-form he should be dropped as he doesnt do much else.

id love him to get revenge and prove me wrong believe me but i dont want this match to end with us regretting playing ruud, the past few games ive looked at him and know a smith or saha would have done much better. its no coincidence the fact we're struggling to score goals coincides with ruuds drop in form as he plays every match.

impr0v wrote:

Allegedly Heinze has promised to do everything in his power to stop the Arsenal hordes.

20-1!!!!!!!!!!!! i'll be putting a few quid on that myself! id be very surprised if he of all people go the game without getting booked.

smemon wrote:
    yeah i agree its a brave man that drops him because of his past record but i dont think its fair on smith that he's been on the bench so much after a brilliant start, were HE led our attacking line, and with passion and style may i add.
    finishing is what he is best at and yes if a chance fell to anyone inside the box id want him to be there but what about outside the box, hassling defenders to play the ball putting pressure on them, ruud doesnt do that.

against arsenal we need to have the ball, we all know what they'll do if arsenal have possesion. smith is the 1st line of defence when he plays, van nistelrooy doesnt add to the side in that department so when he's off-form he should be dropped as he doesnt do much else.

id love him to get revenge and prove me wrong believe me but i dont want this match to end with us regretting playing ruud, the past few games ive looked at him and know a smith or saha would have done much better. its no coincidence the fact we're struggling to score goals coincides with ruuds drop in form as he plays every match.
    We need possession? Exactly. And generally when the ball is fed into Ruud he holds onto it. He keeps it for a while and lays it off to someone in space before making his way into the box. I agree that Smith has been hard done by, that is why I feel it's Rooney who should make way. Smith and Ruud up front for me. Though that's unlikely to happen. It'll be RaR.

Arsenal 2-1 United , a very off form Scholes to play well and score early on , Reyes to equal the score midway through the second half and Fabregas to score a late winner .

impr0v wrote:

am I looking at that right ? ............are United favourites.......... :confused:

Big Ears wrote:
    Arsenal 2-1 United , a very off form Scholes to play well and score early on , Reyes to equal the score midway through the second half and Fabregas to score a late winner .

Any chance of the lottery numbers for good measure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Yeah - interesting. I think the draw is a very good price, and in my opinion, is the likely outcome. Arsenal don't really need to win, so a draw will suit them nicely. Man Utd, in terms of form at least, are less likely to win, but can't afford to lose any more ground in the title race. Everything about the game says DRAW.

My money would be on 1-1, considering both teams' defensive frailties.

The Muppet wrote:
    Any chance of the lottery numbers for good measure?

1,2,3,4,5,39 , there ya go ;) .

hehehe,
    I love big matches so much :)

This is gona be great :P

4-1 utd with plenty of passion and crunching tackles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Sir Alco's been at the sherry again...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/3948653.stm
    "Arsenal's unbeaten record is terrific but we are ahead of everyone else in England when it comes to tradition."

:eek:

This is mind games to the nth level.

• Advertisement
Advertisement