Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dagon - from the makers of Reanimator

Options
  • 17-10-2004 10:21am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭

More info from IMDB. So yes, this is another movie with Brian Yuzna producing and Stuart Gordon directing. I picked it up on DVD in Dunnes the other day for 8 euro (total impulse buy, based only on the names on the box) and I have to say I was dead impressed with this. They've fiddled with a few aspects of the original Lovecraft story to make it fit with northern Spain, where they filmed it, but I really enjoyed it. Overall, it's a much better film than Reanimator (which, I admit, I also enjoyed) and has better special effects (there's a bit of CGI used, and with one exception the scenes that use it are well-done and benefit from it).

Has anyone else seen this? I suspect Lovecraft fans will enjoy this a lot more than Reanimator for being closer to the original story...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I remember bashing the film pretty hard when I first saw it, but now I actually wouldn't mind seeing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I got it in Dunnes too on the basis of the Lovecraft story. Still haven't got round to watching it though, must stick it on tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

I was fascinated with the original Lovecraft story a few years ago, and managed to pick this up on R1 DVD when it was first released. It plays fairly fast and loose with the story, maintaining the basic elements and wasn't really everything I was hoping for from an interpretation of one of my favourite horror short stories.

Still a very entertaining movie in its own right, mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I managed to pick it up for peanuts in Atlantic Homecare the other day. Still haven't watched it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Its very cheap on Amazon too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I have never heard of this one but I shall have a look out for it next time i am in Dunns or atlantic!

Advertisement