Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UT2004 comp

• 17-10-2004 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

might as well start planning this mofo now...

i reckons we should have x ammount of knockout rounds, with a map vote at the end of each.
    the person at the bottom of the score table at the end of each round is out of the game

so if we have 10 contestants, that'd be 10 rounds.
    not sure if everyone would be too keen on an all out instagib tourny, sounds like fun to me though :D

if anybody has any map requests, let me know. i have cbp 1 & 2 here already...

oh yeah, we might as well sort out a date and time for the toruny beforehand

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

as long as i get a chance to run around the maps first i'm up for it :)

i'll have to legally buy a copy of ut2k4 off someone at the lan tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Yea I'll play any map any mod provided we have a few fun games beforehand - I can't play that game for **** and don't plan on opening it up before the LAN...

Instagib tourni would be cool, isn't that the one when you get the not-so-powerful railgun "shock gun or something?" and just blast eachothers heads off? I'd say it brings a whole new meaning to "point and click FPS's" :D

Basically I'm in and up for anything,

bring it,
    que

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Fobia wrote:
    Instagib tourni would be cool, isn't that the one when you get the not-so-powerful railgun "shock gun or something?" and just blast eachothers heads off? I'd say it brings a whole new meaning to "point and click FPS's" :D
    thats the one :D
    cant wait to give it a go over a lan (even with 60ms pings to the iol server, you tend to feel the lag)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

does flak cannon do headshots on instagib?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭aSS g0BliN

i think u only have the shock rifle in instagib :( , and i think its just the lighting gun/sniper rifle and does headshots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'll get the server install burned by Wed.

Cool, so there are 3/4 good tourni's lined up (ut2k4, q3 OSP, cs, bf?), if all runs smoothly (and we all know it wont :) ) this will make for a fairly bitchin LAN.

Syx update that dedicated version of CS too. il have the commands all neatly typed up for you and the proper list of commands for future reference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

condition zero. MR15 rules. None of this nosteam buggy stuff.

No use in complicating things at this late stage, everyone already has 1.6 no steam cs so let's just play that :)

• Advertisement

if we use mr15 and the roundtime people will jsut be finished buying guns and the round is over. it will probably be 2min rounds 30 second buytime and best of 24 rounds. ie first to 13 or 12/12.

also i dont even have CZ :/

got half-life 2 preloaded though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Caliden wrote:
    Syx update that dedicated version of CS too. il have the commands all neatly typed up for you and the proper list of commands for future reference

I'll see if I can get it done tomorrow evening, I've no BB connection at the moment.
    And Steam sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

haha cz my arse

Advertisement