Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&S

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

although M&S food is, for the most part, great, the calorific content of their supposedly 'healthy' sandwiches is outrageous. we're talking a full meal's worth of calories for two tiny mexican wraps. fashionwise, their clothes are hideous and i hate the way you see the cool M&S underwear ads in magazines and you're like 'wow, that's a cool braandpanties set ooh cheap too i'm so buying one of them' then you go in and they're all granny-esque and gross and the rare ones that are kinda pretty are all size like 38D.

</rant>

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

O.....K..... Right.
    So, free rep anyone? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

yeah jesus that always happens to me when im buyin my panties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

although M&S food is, for the most part, great, the calorific content of their supposedly 'healthy' sandwiches is outrageous. we're talking a full meal's worth of calories for two tiny mexican wraps. fashionwise, their clothes are hideous and i hate the way you see the cool M&S underwear ads in magazines and you're like 'wow, that's a cool braandpanties set ooh cheap too i'm so buying one of them' then you go in and they're all granny-esque and gross and the rare ones that are kinda pretty are all size like 38D.

</rant>
    And what's wrong with 38D?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Raphael wrote:
    Bridie has a new hip???

*goes to start thread*

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

They have a curry that seems to be butter-based that's a bit ick. Thai green cury is the only way to go really :)

I thought the caffeine-touting generation were bad - M&S, really :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Raphael wrote:

Someone with a 38D has a nice cup size but the back of a beast

Raphael wrote:

Someone witha 38D has a nice cup size but their back is ****ing huge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Spraypaint

Damn you all! Living in Stab City means my nearest Marks & Sparks is 100km away in.....*Whispers* Cork,the only city in Ireland that is more of a dump than the one I'm forced to exist in. As for the food, I'll take Matt's word for it and say it's superb(It's gotta be better than the CTYI canteen right?)
    As for the underwear thing, I think it's best left to the female population of the Boards to discuss.I'm staying out of it Sham!

Raphael wrote:

well, i obviously can't wear a 38D because it's for a bigger back than mine and i'd kinda like underwear that fits

• Advertisement

I think everyone here who was at session 2 will agree, that clothes that don't fit make for more amusing talent shows

yes, aonghus, but life is not a talent show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

Isn't it?

I beg to differ. Life is merely one great showcase in which we can display our talents and skillz

Have you been reading Shakespeare Aonghus the whole worlds a stage speech

Have I? Last time I checked I was reading Terry Pratchett....

Yes, this book does seem to have Rincewind innit. Not very Shakespearen(sp?)...

Shakesphearien

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Surely would it not be shakespearean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bazookatone

Ok seriously people, STAY ON THE THREAD! Every 10 posts some poor sould attempts to steer it back to the point and you wander off again. On the subject, I don't buy anything at M&S, cas there's none near me and it is on the pricy side. I also have a gut feeling that people who buy junk food there and then POST ON THE INTERNET ABOUT IT might be trying to send the message HEY, I'VE LOTS OF MONEY AND MY FAMILY'S LOADED, CAN YOU HEAR ME, I SAID I'M RICH, JUST IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW. I've nothing against this, really, but if you want to tell people you're rich, it's easier to just say it eg

"Excuse me, yes, hello, I'm rich, yes quite rich indeed"

FYI I'm fairly rich. I also shop in Lidl, cos the food's good AND cheap. And long after you've spent your last penny on expensive M & S cookies, i'll still be rich and sitting in a mountain of cheap Lidl own brand cookies :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Yes I am just that good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Raphael wrote:
    Matts post said: The tikka in all those delis must come from the same supplier because its all really really nice

Matts sig said: we land in barren fields on the Arizona plain the insemination of little girls in the middle of wet dreams

What I read: The tikka in all those delis must come from the insemination of little girls

This is why I should scroll slower.....

Because of you, Ruairi Doyle will never eat Tikka Masala again.

On topic, on topic. Lidl/Aldi good, M&S nice but expensive, the doughnuts and cookies in my local tesco FLAN-TASTIC! <wanders off shaking his head>

I think the spelling of what is phonetically pronounced (getting out of a tight spot here) Shaek-speer-eean is essentially inarguable as spelling had not been standardized at that time.

• Advertisement

Marks And Spencers isn't that expensive and by saying tha i like the food there isn't me going look at me I'm rich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bazookatone

I know, I was just making the point that it can send that kind of message. Remember, I was at CTYI, I know the people there, and I know they're not pretentious like that.

By the way, aren't Land Rovers great, I have 6 land Rovers, one for every day of the week. Sometimes it's such a bother having to choose between my 6 Land rovers that I own, 6, yes that's 6 Land Rovers. I use them to get to the huge Castle on my private island where I live in a castle with 6 Land Rovers.

Now THAT is being pretentious.
    (This is called using humour to make a point)

PS: I don't actually have 6 Land Rovers, only 5 (This is also a joke) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

I also shop in Lidl, cos the food's good AND cheap.

Lidl's German Christmas cookies rock my socks quite considerably. Last year in German we had a Christmas party with loads of Lidl/Aldi products and blared Rammstein like there was no tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

German Industrial Metal! Ja! Ridiculously loud! JAAA!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Hell Yeah! Huzzah for midterm! And I got off early today for no good reason I can think of yet!

You got to listen to Rammestein that is so unfair its not funny. I want German industrial music in class. Would help if i still did German though

we get to watch such great movies in german., such as Absolute Giganten and Jenseits Der Stille. best class ever

We got absolut giganten and Run Lola Run they were good. I learnt a thing or two about foosball from the first film

We got Zeppelin in physics while we did our experiments.

• Advertisement

We had a free class for music today and my mate played the piano for Bat Out OF HEll it was great also some grade eight classical piece

Advertisement