Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading with IBB

• 17-10-2004 6:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Howeya's

IBB has agreed to upgrade my 512kb service that I pay 48 a month for to the 1meg service. They are saying that they have to call out and reset whatever on the arial? Is this true, it doesn't really make much sense? Surely they can do that from their end?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

If you don't already have a VL aerial/radio, they'll need to install that for you. Otherwise it should just be a software setting that they can set remotely. I was certainly told that my VL setup is scalable, presumably up to 3Mbps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

I have the VL equip, and it was all done via phone. Took seconds once they sorted out who it was that was supposed to upgrade me.

Sales have to do it.... NO no no, tech support have to do it... No way! Sales have to do it... etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I requested it near 3 weeks ago but they insisted on me faxing in the application form. The sales person ws very specific about the one needed, so I sent it in. Got a call later that week saying it was the wrong one and that I needed to send in blah.. Took 4 attempts to fax that in. I called them last week and asked whether they got the fax, was told they had it and they would have to send someone out to my address to upgrade. They said I would get a call soon to schedule a time.

Advertisement