Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoid IrishRugby.ie...

Options
  • 17-10-2004 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

I ordered 3 tickets for a celtic league match and received a email acknowlegding my order, but no tickets were left for me at the collections office at the match, which I drove from Cork to Limerick to see.

Not only did they charge me and fail to deliver the promised goods or services, I also was charged an extra 3 euro per ticket "processing fee", for no tickets at all.

Avoid this site, as it appears to be pure and simple fraud.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

do you still have the email,

sounds like a small claims court iissue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

It's not a small cliams court case unless you have requested a refund first! You must follow a reasonable process first. If they don't refund you then you should go further.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

I agree it may be a small claims court issue.

I've contacted the enquiries for Irish Rugby ticket sales, and lo and behold, they've already passed the buck to the Munster office! Bizarrely, this is the same group that knew "nothing" about my missing tickets on the day of the match and conversely blamed the IRFU's other office.

Seems like the buck is already being passed around. What I am hoping to do is to find out who is actually responsible as it appears to be the IRFU who operate this site. Fortuantely my partner used to play in the same club as one of the main officials and I might be able to find out more via unofficial channels than I am getting from them officially. I have given them 5 days to refund me.

Well I wouldn't let them fob you off. Deal only with the first of contact and tell them to liase with who ever they like. Five days is reasonable amount of time before going further. However, if you paid by credit card they should be able to refund you on the spot. You can show your bona fides by sending them back the tickets if you ever receive them.

I got a message today advising me I'm being given a full refund.

Unfortunately it didn't say what went wrong or what steps are being taken to prevent it from happening again, so in future I'm going back to buying my tickets through the normal channels.

• Advertisement

Did the tickets ever arrive?

BrianD wrote:
    Did the tickets ever arrive?

No

Advertisement