Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

body kit

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

yea, and the best thing is that, no one else will have the same kit, you do know theres alot of cars around with very similar kit on them right!

mine was done last year and the skirts were design very different to others, it sticks out 3" to the side, and its wavy looking, I didnt design the back tho, its a Kingdom Development rear lip, I think that one looks best!

CRX VTI Front

CRX VTI Back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

aww wow its lovely , thats a deadly car man!
    yea i dont mind too much if its the same as somebody elses but i really didnt think it would be that dear you know , yours is really deadly so it is , say the insurance costing ya a bomb is it?

Thanks!!!

I had english insurance on it, I was quoted 3500 for irish insurance with 3 years no claim and fulll license, so I went home to london and re reg the car, uk insurance was £750 sterling, no more then 1500euro, but now I'm only driving a 97 galant, its 2liter but with hibernian costing me only 1300euro, they said the quote was so high for the CRX because it was a 2 seaters convertible!

I have to stick with this galant for another 18months, I'm saving up for a 00 Skyline GTR!

I think 1000euro is very average for a full kit, the full kit for the Skyline is gonna cost me something like 2k to 3k, but oh I forgot, fitting and spray job to add on! I fitted mine myself, heh heh :D

ah insurance here is a joke , i mean there all talk about equality , but how is charging a woman literally thousands less than a man equality?I am a woaman like and i do not agree with that at all , i saw in the buy and sell a peugeot 206 with alloys and body kit 1200 i think it was , does that sound really dodgy , i think it was a 1996?

that sounds so cheap, if its not a miss print you really want to bring a mechanic with you, and check out all paper works and check up the history of the car before buying!

a guy tried to sale me his car because he tho the engine was about to go, when I looked at the car I knew what was wrong with it, it was very stupid silly thing which cost very little money, so I bought it, then I told him theres nothing wrong with the engine! heh heh!

irish motor insurance is a scam I think, how on earth can it be so much, when all other countries are so little, comparing to what we are paying ofcoz!

• Advertisement

i bought my first scooter from the buy and sell , twas a bad idea though , the guy was dodgy as hell we stupidly left without the tax book and after a few weeks it literally stopped and i only got a hundred quid just selling it for parts so im kinda weary when it comes to the buy and sell , ah sure there no point even talkin bout irish insurance ompanies there all a scam
    yea was thinking the peugeot sounded too good to be true , what do you reckon money wise would be enough and remember im a scabby bitch :) to pull off a fairly nice well running car?it dont gotta be fantastic but a nice oh look at laura car?

laura? dont tell me your name is laura, thats my ex's name :D, I know you not her anyway, I already looked at a car for her and she doesn't know how to use the PC anyway,heh heh, no harm go and have a look at the car, as long as you have someone to check it out for ya.

a clean standard one of them worth a couple of grand atleast so this one sounds like a good deal if everything is in working order and not about to blow

a mechanic with good experience will know as soon as they check out the car!

na im not your ex , i never had an ex with a **** hot car!
    :D

lol, hey if you interested I can take you for spin when I get the skyline, but I have to warn you tho, I'm gettin the car from japan, it will be ship to hong kong first and get it sup up to the last, my target is over 1000BHP, 200MPH top speed minimum, I be using that for track days as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

StRiKeR wrote:
    I'm gettin the car from japan, it will be ship to hong kong first and get it sup up to the last, my target is over 1000BHP, 200MPH top speed minimum
    How much is the GT-R costing you (including VRT)? I presume it's an R34? Any ideas on insurance quotes yet?

DC.

• Advertisement

hell yea id love a spin in it , deadly stuff :D

dcGT wrote:
    How much is the GT-R costing you (including VRT)? I presume it's an R34? Any ideas on insurance quotes yet?

DC.
    I wont have that for 18months, the total of the car is around 60k to 70k, 00 reg, dont know about the VRT yet but hope its not gonna be too much! yep its a R34, I dont like the R35, looks more like a family car rather than a mean machine!

VRT go by the value of the car but it wont matter if I added another 40k on to it, they wouldnt have a clue! so I take it the VRT will base on around the 30k mark!(Hopefully) :D

my uncle is living in Hong Kong so he's getting the car to the garage in Hong Kong to to all the upgrade for me, then ship over, the car cost me 28k alone shipped to my uncle! was gonna get signal auto in japan to do the car for me but they charge alot! the boys in HK are pretty good! better than what we have here anyway!

Insurance is €3450 if I was to have it on the road now, so by the time the car is ready, should be less than that, that is if I dont get any point or loss any no claim!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

damn, they're some plans, the stock GT-R skyline has ~280 break what exactly are you doing to it to get an extra 720-odd BHP out of it?

alot to be done, I spoke to the mechanic in Hong Kong

Engine rebiuld, use racing cams and cam gears, conrod upgrade, piston, rings, valves, valve springs, plugs, leads, power core, ignition, pullies, engine mounts, gears box, basically everything in the engine bay be upgraded, mostly with Nismo parts, unless if theres better ones, Nismo exhausts, T66 Turbo Upgrade, full body kit(not sure what to get yet or make my own), all light weight, lighter than the ones you get here, 18" alloys, on the electronic control mostly Nismo and Apexi, I get a custom programmed ECU done on the rolling roll, Nismo interior, then add some fancy stuff inside ofcoz, neon sure, but not really gonna use them apart from shows, custom install ICE, fibra glass job keep the weight down, thinking about Hydraulics suspension!

all clears lenses ofcoz, all lights be left where they are as I be using this as my road car as well as for shows and track days! Signal auto in japan has a Skyline with something like 1200BHP so its is possible, when I get the full list I can send it to you if you're interested! when the car is done the mechanic will have everything thats done listed out for me before shipping it, including styling and ice list!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

sweet, yea that would be cool, best of luck with it, wouldnt want to get done for vrt on that lot tho!

thanks

I shouldnt anyway since they have not a clue what is what under the hood, an engine is just an engine to them! lol.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭pixie_student

StRiKeR wrote:
    lol, hey if you interested I can take you for spin when I get the skyline, but I have to warn you tho, I'm gettin the car from japan, it will be ship to hong kong first and get it sup up to the last, my target is over 1000BHP, 200MPH top speed minimum, I be using that for track days as well!

HaHa!

Do i smell a dreamer :rolleyes:

me thinks someone be jealous o me gettin a spin?am i give you a spin on da ped if you want 0 to 20 in 5 mins oh yea man thats sum hog!:)

me? dreamer??

I am known in my town to be one of the guys who drives fast sports cars for years, everyone here knows my cars!

call me a dreamer, what have you got yourself then, or had?? huh??

I had an Integra completely modified by my own hands from start to finished, from wheels to engine rebuild, I had a V6 and I had a UK spec CRX Del Sol VTi, also modified, and I brough the car back to the UK for one month to get it done, I had a Bimmer with flip paint, I had 2.2 vtec as my first car years ago, I had Lancer Evo 2 when I was 23, can you dream like i did??

if the answer is yes then ok you a dreamer too then! every car I plan to get from my very first car always happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

@Striker

Just read this thread there and what your going to do to that skyline is every boy/mans dream, best of luck with it nothing more satisfying than a long wait and then finally getting the car of your dreams.

I'm hoping for an Evo VII when i graduate next year, currently customising my focus, its only 01 a 1.6 SE Zetec but not bad for a college run around.

Just sorted out my northern address and waiting for my spanking new northern licence to come through now, bye bye VRT thank god.

anyway please say your working in the programming industry!

Farlz

• Advertisement

the Zetec are not bad at all, good pick up, it wouldnt be as good as the Vtec but its very decent! I've seen a 1.6 Zetec Fiesta goes, I have to say ford did a good job on it!

I had a UK license but it got screwed up! now I only have the irish one left! :(

Yea the Skyline is my next dream car, and with a car like that you have to mod it, why would you drive a standard sports car these days? not many people do!

especially with all the shows going on, if you have a car like that and you not gonna mod it to get into the shows, its a little wasted!

then after boosting it so much you have to test it out on track days as well!

P.S. oh yes I like the Evo VII myself too, more than I would with the Evo VIII, was thinking of getting a M3 Evo and turbo it but I think the Skyline be my better choice, it would cost around the same money but alot more power and style!it is a long wait, especially I have to save as I'm doing it! but its worthy I think!

Advertisement